Best port to buy liquor

kr8z

Hi, we are hitting Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo next month. We always bring back a few bottle of duty free liquor, but have never cruised on that side of Mexico. Carnival usually has a couple of good deals on board too with vodka at least. Any recommendations on where would be best to pick up a couple of bottles of stuff? thanks.

The Wal-Mart at Puerto Vallarta would seem, to me, to be your best opportunity to locate liquor at an attractive price. Duty Free stores are almost always more expensive than if you'd made your purchase on the street someplace.

Given the hassle of transporting liquor on a connecting flight, I don't do that anymore - and I find what I want at home for not much more in cost than if I'd purchased it in Mexico. I'm assuming you have some special packing tips that'll protect your bottles from breaking or leaking into your checked luggage.

We have 4 kids, so we drive to the closest cruise port as the airfare and chaos of 4 kids in an airport is enough to cause me not to cruise. We have 4 kids, so we also stock up on alcohol LOL

Thanks for the Sam's club idea. I have a Costco membership and got rid of Sam's a few years ago. I'd be willing to start it back up, but if they do a free pass for cruisers without that 10% up charge, I'll just head over to the members desk and get a day pass.

I appreciate the info :)

Archived