Trying again for Early Saver OBC

klo28910

I applied for an OBC for our upcoming cruise but was told that my currently booked rate was lower than the rate that I was trying to match. I knew that wasn't right, but it was only about a $45 difference so I didn't worry about it. Now Carnival has the price at $270 less than we book at so i am trying again. I think I have figured out where the problem is. When we booked, we had a $400 credit from a deposit on a canceled cruise. They are deducting that off of our "booked" price and trying to apply the price match to it like that. That doesn't seem right to me. I explained all of this on the form so hopefully it gets accepted this time....that $270 would certainly come in handy!

I applied for an OBC for our upcoming cruise but was told that my currently booked rate was lower than the rate that I was trying to match. I knew that wasn't right, but it was only about a $45 difference so I didn't worry about it. Now Carnival has the price at $270 less than we book at so i am trying again. I think I have figured out where the problem is. When we booked, we had a $400 credit from a deposit on a canceled cruise. They are deducting that off of our "booked" price and trying to apply the price match to it like that. That doesn't seem right to me. I explained all of this on the form so hopefully it gets accepted this time....that $270 would certainly come in handy!

Don't take no for an answer. If they deny, call back and ask for a supervisor. Explain it over the phone. Good luck.

Carnival also reportedly did this for the old Welcome Back $50 credit. ken

Carnival also reportedly did this for the old Welcome Back $50 credit. ken

Yes, this is true. I just had an issue with this myself but it did get straightened out when I called to upgrade.

On my first ES request it was processed correctly, but I did put in the notes that I actually booked at $X and had a Welcome Back credit of $25 pp, so the current fare is $X , please reduce the fare by $X. That worked.

Archived