25th wedding anniversary

millie-may

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next year and intend to cruise to far east. Does anyone know of free upgrade/packages offered by cruise lines. Princess used to give the delux anniversary package free but cant seem to see that anymore.

Unfortunately (but fortunately for the cruise lines), cruises for anniversaries (and honeymoons) have become wildly popular. The mass market lines simply do not and cannot do upgrades/free packages for every couple. In some cases, it would involve 25% of the ship! If you are looking for real complimentary goodies for your 25th, you'll probably need to look at the higher end cruise lines (with the much higher fares).

On mass market lines, you're most likely to find the possibility of a honeymooner/anniversary reception and perhaps a complimentary bottle of bubbly or wine. That's pretty much it. IMO, the cruise lines can't be expected to consider every special occasion as "special." We wish that it weren't the case, but we understand that no one will consider our special anniversaries to be as special as we do--not even the "biggies" like our 25th some time back.

beachchick

Congratulations on celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I will be celebrating out 51st wedding anniversary when we go on our Alaska cruise in August 2010. Although it would be nice to receive something from the cruise line to celebrate any of these special occasions just the fact that you have reached a milestone anniversary and love spending time together is a very special thing. Nothing the cruise line could give us would mean as much as the love we still share after 51 years. As each year goes by we treasure that time more and more as I'm sure you will. Enjoy your cruise and most of all enjoy the wonderful memories of the 25 years you have spent together.

Archived