best rccl ships for mid 20s honeymooners?

michmike

Son is getting amrried in Sept. His fiancee's parents and we are giving them a honeymoon cruise as a wedding gift. We are some of those geriatric Holland America cruisers so not real familiar with RCCL. Any thoughts as to specific ships that would be a good bet for a couple kids in their mid 20s who haven't cruised before? or ships to avoid? Probably looking at a Dec trip perhaps with a port call in San Juan PR .

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I would recommend a Voyager class ship. Navigator of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas sail out of Miami and alternate the eastern and western caribbean routes. Mariner of the Seas is also a good choice sailing out of Port Canaveral and also alternates eastern and western. If you want San Juan, then you would need the Eastern route.

My Partner and I are also in our mid-20's and had the same concerns when we were looking into our first cruise. We decided on the Mariner and couldn't have made a better decision. Plenty of stuff to do and plenty of people our age.

-Rich

My husband and i went on the Voyager of the Sea Aug 2003 for our honeymoon what a memerable honeymoon we enjoyed it so much, make sure you get a balcony deck that is the way to go, we loved that ship so much that we booked another cruise on the Mariner of the Seas Aug 2004, and must say we are love the { VOYAGER class ship's} my husband has been on Carnival cruise back in 2001 {He said that it does not compare to the RCC ships at all,,, our honeymoon was my first time ever cruiseing and now we are taking are 3rd RCC cruise this may back on the Voyager of the Sea's and i can't wait... We are also in a mid 20's, when we got married i was 24 & hubby was 26, now we have traveled everywhere since i have been 18 and cruiseing is the way to go..... & we are planning to take the new Freedom of the Sea's next May / June the mega cant wait, Defintaly i reccomened the Voyager Class Ship's :)

My husband and I are in our mid 20s and we went on the Mariner in June for our honeymoon. We loved it! So much so that we are going on the Navigator in July as a late anniversary celebration. I would definitly recommened getting a balcony cabin. We used ours a lot to eat breakfast on, etc.

We were in our mid 20's when we got married. We spent our honeymoon on the Rhapsody and had a great time. At the time, it was doing a Mexican Riviera itinerary and it was really nice - we went snorkeling in Cabo and horseback riding in Puerto Vallarta. Our second trip on the Rhapsody was in 2003 to the W. Caribbean. We had an even better time, cave tubing in Belize was fantastic. Either way, I suggest that they get a balcony stateroom or higher. Very romantic.

My husband and I are in our 20's and really enjoy the Voyager class ships. With the rock wall, putt putt, and bars, I think they would love it! Also another thought. They could do a southern caribean cruise that leaves from San Juan. They could spend a couple days in San Juan before or after. That is what we are doing next. Hope this helps!

Archived