Mercury, the good, the bad and the ugly

travelgenie

My wife & I plus another couple sailed on Mercury to ports on the US coast and the Bahamas, departing Baltimore on Jan 2nd. Aside from the unfortunetly cold weather for the duration of the cruise, it was simply delightful.

Great food (about an A-), superb service, and friendly & accessable senior staff from the Captain on down. We had several conversations each with the Captain, the Director of Hotel Services, the Cruise Director, the Food & Beverage Manager, etc.

Everyone obviously has different standards and maybe we are less demanding than some.

... Cal

I read about people ordering room service and the Cova Cafe. Are these both included in the price or are these additional charges? (I understand drinks are additional.) Thanks for your help.

I wish I could help you with your question but I have never ordered

items in Cova through Room Service so I don't know.

To be honest, I cannot remember ordering room service on any of

my cruises:eek:

Bear, I am on the 3/8/10 & 3/19/10 Mercury out of Charleston. They were both great prices. Couldn't resist!:D I'm booked on Mercury in March 2011 but nothing else so far. Will probably look for something around October, November this year. Would love to see you again!

Ships, I thought you were booked on the March Mercury? Are you on February too???

D Chamless, take good care of Mercury. We will be getting on March 8th!

Hi Tuggers,

We were booked on the Mercury this this month but had to cancel. Our nice is getting married over in Switzerland the third week in March so we are flying over for the wedding. You said you are looking for a cruise in October we're booked on a back to back to back in October. October 1st the same cruise we met you on 17 nights Panama Canal, then October 18th 11 night Eastern Caribbean, then October 29th 10 night Bahamas. These 3 sailings will give us 12 sailings on the Mercury, I guess that makes us Elite C C members just on the Mercury. She's our west coast ship so we sail her a lot, and we don't have to fly very far, that one of the reasons we are doing the Panama Canal cruise again we will only have to fly one way. If any of these October cruises look good to you we'd love to cruise with you again

Take care, Bear

I agree. Would love to see you two again. We had such lovely talks over our Martinis!

AJD, Fusion is the old Exodus band from Horizon days. They had to change their name because in the country they come from (St Lucia, I think), the band name is owned by the management company. When they changed companies they had to get a new name. I still remember the lead vocalist singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow out by the pool.

Bear, funny you should mention the repo. I just emailed my friends Cil and Rog to see if we wanted to book it again! I'll tell them you're going to be on again!:D

Archived