Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

??? Seriously?

I would say excuse me and leave it at that. Are you really plotting ways to attack people (via steppin gon them and staining their clothing) just so you aren't inconvenienced?

If it is serious enough - call security or deal with the ship crew. If you don't have time to wait for them or to go to the pursers desk then find another set of stairs or an elevator. I honesty can't believe that someone would consider such drastic actions prior to dealing with the on ship authorities. FTR, I have cruised and I have never had an issue with stair blocking.

"Plotting"? No. As I said, looking for clever ideas, in response to problems that several posters said were problems on their cruises.

I've already indicated that I have no desire to find another set of stairs at the pool. Kindly explain why I should have to take a less-direct route to accommodate rude people sitting on the stairs.

Did I say "throwing" tomato juice? Nope. I clearly said that another poster HELD a glass of tomato juice. If they are bumped hard enough by line-breakers (a large problem on their cruise), then the line breaker can easily end up spilling said juice.

Several in their party ended up using that tactic--quite effectively.

And yes, I do indeed think someone who shoves someone out of the way because they don't want to wait in line like everyone else, deserves to end up with large tomato juice stains on their clothes.

You dont think that shove could have been accidental?? I see women chatting walking abreast and its hard to get past them and they dont seem to care, but I doubt anyone would shove on purpose... I think you are creating problems with a aggressive attitude.

Did I say "throwing" tomato juice? Nope. I clearly said that another poster HELD a glass of tomato juice. If they are bumped hard enough by line-breakers (a large problem on their cruise), then the line breaker can easily end up spilling said juice.

Several in their party ended up using that tactic--quite effectively.

And yes, I do indeed think someone who shoves someone out of the way because they don't want to wait in line like everyone else, deserves to end up with large tomato juice stains on their clothes.

oookay...:confused:

"Plotting"? No. As I said, looking for clever ideas, in response to problems that several posters said were problems on their cruises.

I've already indicated that I have no desire to find another set of stairs at the pool. Kindly explain why I should have to take a less-direct route to accommodate rude people sitting on the stairs.

Iv been on 8 cruises from Jan 09 to Jan 10, 7 on Carnival and never had this problem. Its only a problem if you make it be.

People are not trying to stop you from using the stairs ... these clever ideas are just marking you as someone who wants trouble? Just walk on thru, its never been a problem for me. Dont go making trouble.

You dont think that shove could have been accidental?? I see women chatting walking abreast and its hard to get past them and they dont seem to care, but I doubt anyone would shove on purpose... I think you are creating problems with a aggressive attitude.

Do read more carefully. I was clearly talking about the buffet line, not people walking abreast on the ship, and according to the posts, many people were line-cutting, and shoving people aside to do so. It is the line-cutters "creating problems with a aggressive attitude". Me, I wait my turn.

We actually had this problem on our last cruise. There was a particular stair case that was repeatedly blocked. It was probably a group's "meeting point" and they were sitting on the stairs, making it impossible to pass. But it really wasn't that much of a problem. I simply said, "Excuse me". Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't. If it didn't, I started walking down the stairs anyway. People would rather move than be walked on. No problem.

Iv been on 8 cruises from Jan 09 to Jan 10, 7 on Carnival and never had this problem. Its only a problem if you make it be.

People are not trying to stop you from using the stairs ... these clever ideas are just marking you as someone who wants trouble? Just walk on thru, its never been a problem for me. Dont go making trouble.

Um, first you say I should avoid the problem by taking the other set of stairs, then you say it's not a problem? Do make up your mind.

I repeat. Several posters mentioned encountering this issue. So for you to say "People are not trying to stop you from using the stairs" flies in the face of these posts. Just because you have not personally encountered the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Do read more carefully. I was clearly talking about the buffet line, not people walking abreast on the ship, and according to the posts, many people were line-cutting, and shoving people aside to do so. It is the line-cutters "creating problems with a aggressive attitude". Me, I wait my turn.

I didnt see that you mentioned buffet?? and I thought I read your post, lol

I also see you talking about stepping on people's hands and such. Seriously, I think this isnt the problem you are making it out to be.

Plotting and looking for ideas = the same thing to me <rolleyes>

What makes you so darn entitled? If you are so VERY, VERY bothered by not being accomodated the instant that you want - why don't you try embarrassing them. That might work with teenagers - say excuse me really loud. Harming them or damaging their personal items is assinine! Call the ship crew if you have to but please don't think that you have the right to harm a child, albeit one who is misbehaving.

Now that I stopped to think about it, I have seen this on cruises before. I said excuse me and they moved or I just kept walking on, forcing them to move or get stepped on. It must not have been a significant problem though because I had to stop and think about it! :)

Um, first you say I should avoid the problem by taking the other set of stairs, then you say it's not a problem? Do make up your mind.

I repeat. Several posters mentioned encountering this issue. So for you to say "People are not trying to stop you from using the stairs" flies in the face of these posts. Just because you have not personally encountered the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I never said any such thing ... show me where (you wouldnt find it.) .. and you accuse me of not reading your posts??!! geez... you really have a problem.

I never said I would take a different stairs... or you have me confused. i said I never had a problem in all my cruises with this..you really seem to have issues. Twice now you made accusations.

What makes you so darn entitled?

Um, because I'm a passenger on the ship, and therefore I expect to climb a set of stairs to get from point A to point B if I want?

If you are so VERY, VERY bothered by not being accomodated the instant that you want

Comprehend much? I clearly said I would say "Excuse me" twice. After that, I see no reason to wait if a group of people thinks it's okay to keep others from going up from a set of stairs.

Archived