Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

Put the box on the floor upside down.. lid facing up.. put some cheese or peanut butter on the inside of the lid.. jimmy the box up with something with string tied to it.. when he goes in for the midnight buffet pull the string.. box is closed

bring it out side and release him... :)

Or invite the OP over... :eek:

WOW Trock. I agree with the cats. The mice stay away. But honestly If I were a mouse I'd love to be caught by you!! SO NICE. no harm to the mousey and little snack. YAY!!

Sorry I could not kill it.. I would just release it..

we have mice at work... have done it a few times

OP sorry, I really was just trying to help saying I think you are worrying about something that rarely happens. sorry. Ill stay out of this. You seem to want to worry.

You seem to want to read minds. Me, I'm as placid as always, typing away, not "worried" at all.

BTW, it's not "rare" to the multiple posters who mentioned it occurring on their cruises. After I saw it posted several times, I thought I'd ask if anyone had an idea as clever as the one about carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line.

You seem to want to read minds. Me, I'm as placid as always, typing away, not "worried" at all.

BTW, it's not "rare" to the multiple posters who mentioned it occurring on their cruises. After I saw it posted several times, I thought I'd ask if anyone had an idea as clever as the one about carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line.

I wonder where they got the tomato juice :rolleyes: Only guava and OJ are in the buffet at breakfast. So, bring your own?? OK I agree, Im being silly. You say you arent worried, but started a thread about it. When is the last time you cruised Carnival??

I wonder where they got the tomato juice :rolleyes: Only guava and OJ are in the buffet at breakfast. So, bring your own?? OK I agree, Im being silly. You say you arent worried, but started a thread about it. When is the last time you cruised Carnival??

More importantly, when is the next time? :eek:

ok, I tried to use the search button,

not much luck on roving gangs of stair blockers.

So, I checked the post by the OP.

I noticed a bunch on..Disney!!

of all places I bet they are the training camp for these roving gangs...unless ...

they are from the HAL gangs..another common place for the OP

Wait a minute.....

Disney..FireFly's mouse..it is all coming together now.

It is a conspiracy!!!

Fire--if you can't get a cat my chi is a good ratter, he can take care of your mouse real quick and clean.

Whatever you do, don't get those glue traps, very inhumane.[/quote]

I know..I had to listen to that little critter squeal all night

I could barely go to sleep.:rolleyes:

I've read about groups of people (often teenagers) sitting on the stairs, blocking anyone from going up or down.

Any clever ideas to handle this?

I don't like "call ship security" as (a) I don't have time to wait for security to arrive when all I want to do is get from the pool to the deck above and (b) it certainly doesn't prevent the same people from doing it again, ad infinitum.

"Take the other stairs" is not an option for me either. I see no need to walk all the way around the pool just because a group of people thinks it's okay to block one set of stairs.

My own inclination is to say "Excuse me" twice (the second time a little louder in case the noise from the pool prevented them from hearing). If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

I realize that can result in an altercation (or maybe even a lawsuit) but honestly I'm at a loss as to how one should deal with such inconsiderate behavior.

A poster mentioned carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line, so someone who rudely jostles you to cut in line will get tomato juice on them. So...anything clever that will work on the stair-blocking problem?

i've been on multiple cruises and have never been blocked on the stairs :rolleyes: maybe there might be some teens hanging out but never got in the way of us ..most of the kids are very polite ... when you talk to them .

Most of us just aren't that clever, kay1854. :) Very few are smart enough to have figured out this 'defensive cruising plan' you appear to be figuring out. Frankly, I think you are well ahead of your time, and eventually, the rest of us will stop with all the merrymaking, happy, excited planning, and jump on your bandwagon.

You should write up a manual. It'll save us all time when we are ready to stop having relaxing, fun cruises.

Until I reach that exalted, educated position, won't you please, please stay off any cruise I might happen to be on? I'm still in the denial phase, and I still believe a cruise is my vacation, and like a little kid, I still plan like it's gonna be the best thing EVAH!

Jen

OK, you take one of these barf bags they leave at the elevators when its rough, and fill it with oatmeal ... and oooops....my only question is how do you plan for this stuff ahead of time, like carrying your full barf bag or glass of tomato juice ... or do you have to carry it all the time because its so common?

341116330_Picture108.jpg.5a59912275378a098b7f86e39192cc8e.jpg

To the OP: On my last cruise on the Ecstasy there were two distinct groups of kids that loved lounge on the stairwells and did everything possible to not move out of the way for other cruisers. So yes, I do know where you are coming from.

To firefly: Why even bother posting when you are just going to ridicule the OP / mock him / derail the thread?? If you don't like what he says in HIS thread, don't read it.

Try this.

Throw the first person who annoys you overboard.

If anyone else annoys you throw them overboard too. It should not take more than 2 or 3 times before you get a reputation and nobody else will bother you for the whole cruise.

I've read about groups of people (often teenagers) sitting on the stairs, blocking anyone from going up or down.

Any clever ideas to handle this?

I don't like "call ship security" as (a) I don't have time to wait for security to arrive when all I want to do is get from the pool to the deck above and (b) it certainly doesn't prevent the same people from doing it again, ad infinitum.

"Take the other stairs" is not an option for me either. I see no need to walk all the way around the pool just because a group of people thinks it's okay to block one set of stairs.

My own inclination is to say "Excuse me" twice (the second time a little louder in case the noise from the pool prevented them from hearing). If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

I realize that can result in an altercation (or maybe even a lawsuit) but honestly I'm at a loss as to how one should deal with such inconsiderate behavior.

A poster mentioned carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line, so someone who rudely jostles you to cut in line will get tomato juice on them. So...anything clever that will work on the stair-blocking problem?

You're crazy! I like you.. But, you're crazy!

Archived