Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

I just growl:D

btw, we have never seen this sort of thing happen and we have always cruised during the height of the summer....maybe it is because there are 6 of us and we are usually together and we outnumber the punks on the stairs and elevators........

However, as i said, I have never had the issue:D

I personally liked the cattle prod idea, but Im afraid that the xray would see it in my check luggage, hard to smuggle onboard. If they found my scissors, they would see my cattle prod. They check my sisters cane thru xray and make her walk thru the xray without it, in case she is smuggling a knife in her hollow cane. Heck they are onto us.

Maybe we can start a smuggling thread on how to smuggle something onboard to stop those cheeky rascal kids sitting in stairwells.

How about some pepper spray!!!. I got it, its brillant.

[quote name='mistyinca']Ditto.[/quote]

That mouse got more and more brave last night. I was almost afraid to go to sleep. He came so close to my foot when I was playing my computer game, I jumped a foot and almost lost the level. He came right under my desk which is out in the middle of the room and calmly walked out.

Peanut butter is on my list of things to do today to lure him.

[quote name='kay1864']I find it awfully strange that you would make such a claim without reading all of this thread, which clearly you have not.[/quote]

I have now.

...and is there something enlightening that happened between where I was in the thread then and now?:confused:

[quote name='firefly333']That mouse got more and more brave last night. I was almost afraid to go to sleep. He came so close to my foot when I was playing my computer game, I jumped a foot and almost lost the level. He came right under my desk which is out in the middle of the room and calmly walked out.

Peanut butter is on my list of things to do today to lure him.[/QUOTE]

fire I want you to know that if I lived closer I would come by and help you. Or at least recoil in horror with you. :p

[quote name='kay1864']Try again, more carefully. Page 7 for one example.

I find it hilarious (and sad) that you continue to reply what in your world is a made-up post.[/quote]

I find it sad that you posted the thread to begin with...I have posted my share of stupiduty....but I must say...you got what was coming.....So enjoy

[quote name='firefly333']That mouse got more and more brave last night. I was almost afraid to go to sleep. He came so close to my foot when I was playing my computer game, I jumped a foot and almost lost the level. He came right under my desk which is out in the middle of the room and calmly walked out.

Peanut butter is on my list of things to do today to lure him.[/quote]

I guess he didn't look like this:
[attachment=112156:name]

(Twinkie. She passed away last summer. :()

It's early for popcorn, but I'm considering getting some to accompany this thread.

Here's my answer: we sail out in less than two weeks...I'll keep an eye out for the stair-hogging hooligans. If encountered, I will utilize various suggestions listed here and will report back whatever results found to be the useful of tactics. If no report is made, it's because there was no need for such experimentation.

My guess is a [U]sincere[/U] "excuse me" in lieu of a sarcastic, annoyed one. That's just me though. I've got this on my list of things to do now.

[quote name='kay1864']Try again, more carefully. Page 7 for one example.

I find it hilarious (and sad) that you continue to reply what in your world is a made-up post.[/quote]

Everyone has different pages due to their user settings. But, I'm not going back.

I don't call my fellow cruisers jerks, threaten to accidently step on their hands, nor interact poorly with a message board community of cruise experts, especially when it isn't something I've ever experienced.

Enjoy your laugh.

[quote name='Nunu']Who even drinks tomato juice? bleech[/quote]

My husband does! :p

I picture OP spending his entire cruise hovering around the stairs with his tomato juice, pretending to reading signs and ship maps on the wall, trying to look nonchalant as he plans for that moment when those "jerks" decide to congregate in front of the stairs.

He waits, eyes darting from side to side. Two teenage girls stop in front of a set of stairs, they are goofing around and giggling. The stairwell on the opposite side is clear, but to heck with that!

He approaches the teens, firm grip on his tomato juice, knowing they're going to give him trouble.

As he approaches, the girls just move aside and continue on with their giggling, almost as if they barely noticed him.

"Frig," op mutters to himself as he takes a sip of his tomato juice, "I'll get them next time."

[quote name='mistyinca']My husband does! :p
[/quote]

So do I. I love the stuff.

It's also the main ingredient in a Bloody Mary, so it might be ALL AROUND in the mornings. That pepper and tabasco could be labeled a lethal weapon! :p

It may be time to use some creatively placed white fonts.

LMAO....this is actually a thread? Dude,...you need a vacation! ;)

Have a big onion, some beer,....let it fester a bit and at the "right moment" approach the stair dwellers and let 'er rip! That should clear them out.

Mother of pearl, I can't believe I actually replied to such a ridiculous thread. "Oooooo,...the stair-people, AND they're teenagers!" How do you sleep at night?

Maybe the OP was just trying to start a funny thread. Making fun of all the things we talk about on CC. And if that was the intention, it is kinda funny. If not, I'm sorry for suggesting he was serious.

In light of that: I've had people get in my way and ignore me and I've been in people's way, but usually they just get mad an push past me without trying to ask me to move, I don't have eyes in the back of my head.

My thoughts......I will say excuse me at least twice and trust me I'm a Theatre major and you will hear me if I want you to. If that doesn't work, then I will use my Texas size hips that God gave me and make my own way through. I mean I assume thats why he gave them to me.

[quote name='DFW Airwolf']Must be the Chair Hogs that got their chairs taken away from them or something.[/QUOTE]

LOL...and a good example of the same behavioral pattern!

[quote name='kay1864']Why do I have to have seen this on Carnival myself? I clearly said I [B]read several posts [/B]about it. A few on this very thread. Having actually witnessed it myself is irrelevant to my initial question.[/QUOTE]

Kay1864, you can add me to the list of people who have seen this, though I tend to be uber-observant, and, FWIW, I find it a valid question, not that you need my (or anyones) validation to ask what you want. :)

Not just cruise ships, as any place that has limited seating where a group will congregate and "hang out" will have the same thing happen (subways for example). The suggestions on the "excuse me" approach (matter of fact but polite tone) usually have worked for me because most people aren't purposefully blocking, they're motivation is just to sit.

For those infrequent times the "excuse me" doesn't work, typically teenagers as part of their overall assertion of independence, carefully (so as to NOT step on hands) making your way through has worked because self-preservation (oh no the fat guy may step on my hand) usually outranks teenage territoriality on the list of motivations. ;)

John

[quote name='Nunu']fire I want you to know that if I lived closer I would come by and help you. Or at least recoil in horror with you. :p[/quote]

me too.. i would trap and release him for you!
Not before I sing a song or two for him..:p

Archived