Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

If you haven't experienced what the OP has, and don't have any *reasonable* suggestions for his situation...then move along! Move along.

Uhm. The OP hasn't experienced it either. :) He's planning for the possibility that it might, maybe, possibly happen and hamper is trip from the pool to the deck above it.

It's so specific a concern. :) And the thread has been amusing as all get out.

When one posts to a forum such as this with a pretty goofy question, one accepts that others might not agree with him. And they might wanna giggle at him. Said folks have the same right to express their opinions as he has to ask questions.

If you don't like that, move along. :)

I think that there have been reasonable suggestions posted. Just to reacp a few:

-call security (and I don't really care if it isn't something the OP "wants" to do - if it is to the point of considering harm to another person then it is time to do what is right rather than what is most convenient)

-communicate your concerns to the ship staff

-join the teens conversation (they will scram)

-say excuse me loudly to embarrass them

-CLEARLY say "excuse me, I need you to move so I can walk up the stairs" (great idea, this shows the teens or other people exactly what you need)

-fart

-pretend you are ill or need the bathroom

There are civil ways of dealing with this and then there are low class ways of dealing with this. Please choose wisely which catagory of society you would like to belong to. Teenagers are still kids and are prone to dumb choices. As adults we should take the high road :)

I don't think I've seen so many rude / inconsiderate people in a thread here - merely looking for an arguement.

If you haven't experienced what the OP has, and don't have any *reasonable* suggestions for his situation...then move along! 16 pages of mostly spam postings. Go derail another thread.

The OP, myself and others have noticed this situation happening. No, there are not gang colors or clans of tweens running rampant on board ships hogging stair wells. Some people here apparently have a "cranial-rectal inversion." Move along.

These posts are not off topic, they are all about how silly the op was wanting to know how to retaliate against the people sitting on the stairs.

The OP, myself and others have noticed this situation happening. No, there are not gang colors or clans of tweens running rampant on board ships hogging stair wells. Some people here apparently have a "cranial-rectal inversion." Move along.

Wow how did that happen:confused: Back to the future:confused:

Haven't had such a good laugh in a long time! :D I personally have never seen this on a cruise.........

But seriously folks......I see OP's type of behavior everyday in our schools. Kids get sent to the office and say, "I told him/her to ( fill in the blank here) twice, and when he/she didn't, I just punched him/her" or even better,,,"threw my lunch tray on him/her when he/she cut me in line."

WOW....I honestly hope the OP was a troll. I hate to think about the model he is providing for his child. Wicked Scary!!!!!! :eek:

I think it's another poster using another name (Destinii) just to cause trouble.. instead of just posting their opinion in a civil manner under their real ID.

Sassy is legit and a very nice poster.

:)

I love that you think I am a facade!!! I am actally a real person who sometimes post things that I should keep to myself. It just irrates me when people attack the OP. I might not agree with the OP, but I am sure not going to put him/her down, or tell them that it doesn't happen to me. I don't always try to cause trouble, but trouble is my middle name. :D I can see that you have over 5000+ post, another someone that has too much on time on their hands. Sorry, that's what I do. I can't help myself. Darn this Internet. Regarding Sassy, she is not nice all the time. Please!!!

Ok I'm gonna play devils advocate. How bout those people that are in line, but blocking passages so no one can get through? Around noonish in the buffet area this is a common problem.

So am I hearing right Kay that if you and your family are standing in line waiting for a certain specialty and you happen to be blocking my way and I say excuse me, once normal, once louder and you do not respond so I push my way through, then I'm likely to get tomato juice down my shirt for having the audacity to NOT try to cut in line, but simply walk through an area that should not be blocked It IS all about you huh?

Wow I think I'd be much happy cruising with Mr Pete, who sounds like he would accept that Bloody Mary as a peace offering and allow me to pass.

To think the only thing I worry about before my cruise is if we are going to make it to the port without difficulty:rolleyes:

My advice to all my fellow cruisers? Beware of mean looking Kamikazes in the buffet line armed with tomato juice!!!!!:p;)

Forget it..my experience tells me that no one knows exactly what playing Devil's Advocate means:D

So m2 of my kids are over my shoulder because they want to see why I am spitting all over the screen:D...the 14yo suggests yelling...buffet is open....

On other side of the coin...what will you do if your kids are those "jerks" blocking the stairs someday??

I've read about groups of people (often teenagers) sitting on the stairs, blocking anyone from going up or down.

Any clever ideas to handle this?

I don't like "call ship security" as (a) I don't have time to wait for security to arrive when all I want to do is get from the pool to the deck above and (b) it certainly doesn't prevent the same people from doing it again, ad infinitum.

"Take the other stairs" is not an option for me either. I see no need to walk all the way around the pool just because a group of people thinks it's okay to block one set of stairs.

My own inclination is to say "Excuse me" twice (the second time a little louder in case the noise from the pool prevented them from hearing). If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

I realize that can result in an altercation (or maybe even a lawsuit) but honestly I'm at a loss as to how one should deal with such inconsiderate behavior.

A poster mentioned carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line, so someone who rudely jostles you to cut in line will get tomato juice on them. So...anything clever that will work on the stair-blocking problem?

Archived