Beach Shade Tent , Yes or No?

lisa928

In early June DH and I are taking our 18 month old twin girls on a NCL family cruise. We will be going from NYC to Bermuda and there for three days. I would love to hit the beach on two of those days but need to take into considerations nap time. I was thinking about a beach tent and wondering if this will work and if anyone has any recomendations.

yes definitely bring one- they are so lightweight and pop open easily- only problem with my twins- they wouldn't nap- too interested in what was going on to stay in the tent- but if they did fall asleep I could gently lay them down in the shade- also mine were still nursing at that age so that was how I put them down for naps

my recommendation- (and I didn't cruise at that age- we always did all-inclusives so had plenty of palapas for shade) get a family size one- a little bigger to carry but not much- that way they can have room to play underneath and you can fit also if you need to lay down with them to settle them or make sand castles. Sometimes the wind can be a factor also blowing sand in their faces- another great reason to bring a shelter

I see one called the:

POP UP FAMILY CABANA TENT SUN WIND SHELTER BEACH TENT

List Price: Our Price: $59.99

Absolutely! We took one on our last 3 cruises, when the girls ranged from 10 months up to 4, and it worked perfect. I would recommend practicing folding it back up ahead of time - it is a little tricky until you get the hang of it!

While I don't use it for it's intended purpose, I love the ease of assembly/disassembly of the KWIK CABANA I shelter as well as the light weight and packability. You can get it at Babies R Us. Just pull the two cords at the top to pop it up and tap the top button to collapse. It rolls up like an umbrella and fits in it's own carry case that has a shoulder strap. I use mine when I travel with my showcats for hotel rooms.

I would recommend practicing folding it back up ahead of time - it is a little tricky until you get the hang of it!

Great advice! It is so easy once you know how - but it's not something you want to try for the first time like I did when you're trying to pack up the beach stuff and go.

Best,

Mia

Archived