Tesoro Resort at the La Audiencia beach in Manzanillo?

jones391

Has anyone been to the Tesoro Resort at the La Audiencia beach in Manzanillo? I just saw a review in the CC.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=63050

They said there was a $32 cover charge and it covered everything unlimited alcoholic drinks, a lunch buffet, the pool, towels and beach chairs. Is it better than the Las Hadas?:cool:

Audencia is the place for us. Lot's to see and do. Las Hadas is too boring for us. The Karima palace is too expensive. Perhaps if you just walked into Tesoro from the beach and ordered a cool drink, it may be free.

Audencia -tesoro in background

IMG_3839.jpg

Las Hadas

STP62014.jpg

Las Hadas

STP61972.jpg

Manzanillo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
there isn't a charge at Las Hadas. Just pay for whatever you buy. No $30 mininum.

When were you there?

Did you use pool or chairs by the pool or chairs by beach or both?

What was the prices like?

I have e-mailed 5 different people that are heads of their departments at La Hadas and I get different stories from each one.

Please help us, we leave in a week.

When were you there?

I have e-mailed 5 different people that are heads of their departments at La Hadas and I get different stories from each one.

I was there a week and a half ago; the March 3rd Spirit sailing.

Everybody who was there from our ship that day got the same answer. We talked to "Luz" at the concierge desk.

It had to have been a recent change. I e-mailed them mid Feb. and they told me it was $30 and you receive $30 credit. Not a big change, IMO since it's pretty easy to spend $30 and I think that's more than fair for use of their gorgeous pool for the day.

We used the chairs by the pool. There was a charge for the cabanas by the beach (but we wanted the pool anyways. much nicer).

We ordered 6 Pina Coladas (hey, we were there all day :o ) and 1 plate of DELICIOUS nachos. Total was $30. I don't know what the breakdown was from the drinks and nachos were, though.

I'm working on a trip report with a bunch of pictures. I highly recommend Las Hadas. I'll try to get my report up this weekend. Look for it! :D Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try to help.

I was there a week and a half ago; the March RD Spirit sailing.

Everybody who was there from our ship that day got the same answer. We talked to "Luz" at the concierge desk.

It had to have been a recent change. I e-mailed them mid Feb. and they told me it was $30 and you receive $30 credit. Not a big change, IMO since it's pretty easy to spend $30 and I think that's more than fair for use of their gorgeous pool for the day.

We used the chairs by the pool. There was a charge for the cabanas by the beach (but we wanted the pool anyways. much nicer).

We ordered 6 Pina Coladas (hey, we were there all day :o ) and 1 plate of DELICIOUS nachos. Total was $30. I don't know what the breakdown was from the drinks and nachos were, though.

I'm working on a trip report with a bunch of pictures. I highly recommend Las Hadas. I'll try to get my report up this weekend. Look for it! :D Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try to help.

So you we able to walk in and use the chairs at the pool for no cost and purchase food and drink ala cart. That sounds great.

The attitude I encountered at Las Hadas was very friendly and casual. No strict "rules" about things. Staff was very friendly and easy-going. We asked to set up a tab, but I doubt they would have cared if we paid drink by drink. Either way seemed fine by them. Again... a very casual attitude. Very relaxing! :D

When were you there?

I was there on Tuesday. It was free to go in. I asked the guard at the front he said go on in its free, the lady at the front desk also said go on in and enjoy your day, just pay cash for anything you want.

We used the chairs by the pool as it was the nicest area we thought. I was told the little Cabanas on the beach are 15 dollars for the day.

I photo'd the menu just for you =) They gave a 12 to 1 ratio without even being asked. The beers arent on the menu but they were 42 pesos so 3.50 US per beer. Little high for Mexico but considering its free to enter now we thought it was a bargin.

We REALLY enjoyed our day there and would HIGHLY recommend it.

2583059060103174867nMKEvZ_th.jpg

2031719470103174867SZxtRy_th.jpg

So it was easy to walk in and use the pool chairs with out a problem?

Did you pay cash as you ordered or need to set up a account?

You can set up a tab at the pool bar (for drinks and food) and just pay when you leave. We were paying cash along the way then noticed someone else order a drink and didn't pay and then asked for a tab for the remainder of the day.

6 Pina Coladas... and 1 plate of DELICIOUS nachos. Total was $30

Mary, it is SOOOOO great that you report back. Recall that you spend SOOOO much time planning, and most are long gone, never to be heard again. Thanks! from all of us that love these ports. WE LOVE THE REAL CURRENT STORY UPDATES.

One time we rented a car off a cruise ship in Manzanillo, and after a short visit to Las Hadas, we stopped at this nice spot on Santiago Bay, and ended up all alone, and paid more that you did for your drinks/food at beautiful Las Hadas. Next time we stay for a drink and snack at Las Hadas. Thanks again!

STP62026.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived