Solo Prices

Spring

I'm about to embark on my sixth solo cruise. I have paid a single supplement of anywhere from 110% to $130%. There is no rhyme or reason to the pricing. It may depend on whether a cruise is selling well, what time of year (early January and before Christmas are good). I find HAL has reasonable single supplements. I usually book the least-expensive rooms. The last couple of cruises, I've been upgraded from an inside room to an outside one. Also, some luxury cruises offer good pricing for singles. I did one Crystal Cruise where I paid only 10% extra for a Panama Canal Cruise in late November. The price on a similar Celebrity cruise was more expensive at that time. You just have to shop around to find the best price. It's almost as bad as trying to buy a new car.

Spring: as a term of service we are not allowed to talk about agents or agencies as cruise critic is owned by cru-con. you an use ***** to see what they will offer. This service will send you quotes of different agencies wanting your business.

If you need more information send me off an email to serene56@aol.com put cruise critic in the subject and Ill get back to you.

I am a solo cruiser. I always book directly with a Carnival PVP. I pay 150% every time I cruise. Sometimes, the PVP can get me a 'deal' as in paying the 150% when it should be 200%.:)

Unfortunately, it's the 'price we have to pay' to have our private cabins.

Archived