Princess Tour in Grenada - Five Star Sail & Snorkel

Embracedbylife

Hi! I've posted this question on the Grenada forum but I haven't received any responses so since it's a Princess tour I hope you don't mind me posting it here:

Has anyone done the Five Star Sail, Snorkel & Beach tour through princess? We are planning on this tour and wondered if it's worth it? 5 hours, a little pricy, but we like the idea of being able to snorkel than go onto a beach to relax after. Would like to hear other's experiences!

Hi, we did this tour on Grenada last April and, all things considered, we had a really great time.

Before I go on, I have to tell you that I suffer from seasickness so the day wasn't totally great for me. However, DH loved it. :rolleyes:

I hadn't expected to get sick as we had done a similar shore excursion in Barbadoes but oh my, did I get ill and very very quickly. We were told that it happened a lot on that side of the island and that once we left the snorkelling area it would be better. Unfortunately, the place they took us to snorkel wasn't that great as there wasn't much to see.

Once back on board, I simply laid face down on the front area and I will say that the guys running the tour couldn't do enough for me, they were great, bringing me water, checking on me, etc. DH said that there were several people ill and that someone in the back was so sick they vomited...urgh...so glad to be upfront. By the time we got to the beach area, I was fine and wasn't sick for the rest of the day. The beach was lovely, there was plenty to do. After that, they took us on a leisurely tour around the island and right into the bay before depositing us back at the pier.

I didn't have any lunch :rolleyes: but DH had some kind of chicken and salad, I believe. He also drank quite a bit of beer, I think it was included, but I'm not sure. He did say that the food was good. I had plain water and a roll, they sure made their money on me that day!! LOL

Other than the seasickness, the tour was great and I'd recommend it. Just take your Gravol!! :eek:

Thanks for the feedback! After reading your post my concern is the quality of snorkeling. I'd rather just to a tour that is cheaper and do either just snorkeling or just beach only, rather than pay for snorkeling that isn't so good. The food on this tour isn't important to me, so perhaps I'll do some more research on the quality of snorkeling in general in Grenada and other tours that might be more fun! Thanks again, much appreciated!

If your concern is solely the snorkelling, then I'd advise you to find something else. We spent less than an hour snorkelling and several hours at the beach. We were both disappointed because we always make sure of one snorkelling trip every Caribbean cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Archived