items in the bathrooms (valor) + a wine bonus question

Fyly

Hello,

Leaving in 17 days, i am on vacation in 15, so basically just 2 weeks to go until I first board a plane to the US and the sun.

I finally got my room assignment today. I was on a suite guarantee. I am glad to know where I'll be sleeping. I love looking at maps and I can now start planning the daily trips to the buffet, DR, pools and so on...

anyway, here is my question of the day:

• what is inluded in the bathrooms? soap, shampoo, lotions, conditionner, toothpaste... are they knonwbrand products?
  • I planning to bring 2 bottle of wines. My friend can carry one and I can take the second one or is that illegal? what is more important the number of bottle or the quantity of wine? I like small bottles (50cl) and if that is allowed, we could carry 2 small ones each.

Thanks,

Céline

Hello,

• what is inluded in the bathrooms? soap, shampoo, lotions, conditionner, toothpaste... are they knonwbrand products?

Shampoo and liquid soap dispensers are provided in the shower stalls. There will be a small basket on the vanity with samples of toothpaste, hand lotions, etc. Not enough to get you through the week though. They are always brand names.

Hello,

Leaving in 17 days, i am on vacation in 15, so basically just 2 weeks to go until I first board a plane to the US and the sun.

I finally got my room assignment today. I was on a suite guarantee. I am glad to know where I'll be sleeping. I love looking at maps and I can now start planning the daily trips to the buffet, DR, pools and so on...

anyway, here is my question of the day:

• I planning to bring 2 bottle of wines. My friend can carry one and I can take the second one or is that illegal? what is more important the number of bottle or the quantity of wine? I like small bottles (50cl) and if that is allowed, we could carry 2 small ones each.

Thanks,

Céline

I didn't realize that there were too many offerings in the 500 ml size wine bottle. I know some dessert wines and some others...

If you are planning on drinking the wine at dinner and bring 750 ml bottles and you don't finish it, your waiter will hold it for you until the next evening.

The only thing you can be sure of is the shampoo and liquid soap in the bathroom. From FAQ's:

What amenities are in my stateroom?

All staterooms have an amenity basket displayed in the bathroom. The amenities are subject to change and are only sample sizes. The basket may include such things as: his/her razors; shampoo and conditioner; body wash; Tylenol; deodorant; hard candies. Supplies will be replenished by the room steward, if quantities allow.

I find it hard to believe that this is what Carnival considers amenities :eek: !

We always bring hair conditioner, toothpaste, and lotion

I'm not a fan of the shampoo that is in the shower dispensers. It's similar to a generic. This past fall we had two 5 count individual packs of crest toothpaste, a razor, bar soap, tylenol sample, and a dove shampoo and conditioner sample. I asked the steward for more toothpast and he said it was unavailable. I would take small sizes of your favorite products.

We just got off Valor on 2/7/10 and were given some nice round hand soaps, razors, Crest toothpaste, and Pepcid samples. The shower is stocked with liquid soap and shampoo (probably generic).

We have found the shampoo to be very drying, so we always bring little bottles of conditioner.

I didn't realize that there were too many offerings in the 500 ml size wine bottle. I know some dessert wines and some others...

:-) i would bring it from France... the main reason for considering doing it this way is to have variety.

For the hair products, i need my conditionner;..when travelling in the sun, and swiming often i need extra strengh stuff :-)

Archived