Pictures

KKCruisers

Hi all, We are going to be on the Solstice in April and I was wondering what the ladies are wearing now for Formal Night. Are the styles short or long?

It would be nice to see any pictures some of you might have of formal night. I want to go shopping soon for a new dress, but not sure what to buy. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, We are going to be on the Solstice in April and I was wondering what the ladies are wearing now for Formal Night. Are the styles short or long?

It would be nice to see any pictures some of you might have of formal night. I want to go shopping soon for a new dress, but not sure what to buy. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Can't believe no one knows or has pictures. I would still be interested in hearing if you have been to formal night recently. All the stores are showing short dresses.

Thanks,

Can't believe no one knows or has pictures. I would still be interested in hearing if you have been to formal night recently. All the stores are showing short dresses.

Thanks,

Hi,:) I haven't been on Solstice lately but I have cruised recently.

I have seen the usual....some gals wear long dresses, others cocktail

dresses. Men were in suits and tuxes....click on the links in my signature

and there are quite a few photos there~the most recent ones are

on the Flickr site.

As for what the stores are showing? Most of the major dept stores have formal sections

for women's dresses. I usually wear a long dress at least one formal night.

I was on the Solstice last year and wore short dresses for formal nights, mostly because that is what I could wear again. Some wore long, some wore short. I say, get as formal as you like, it's your cruise and you should get everything you want out of it!

Went on a cheap RCCL cruise this summer and got super dresses when others were in sun dresses. It felt good and people noticed!

I usually wear a short "cocktail" dress on the first formal night and a Long "evening gown" dress for the second formal night. My DH wears his tux both nights, also on the second formal night he often buys me a corsage and himself a rose for his lapel.

My DH really likes me to dress up and he likes to be dressed up to "have me on his arm". My DH has always been a real romantic and I love it! Other than cruising we have very little reason to get this dressed up and it is fun. IF we are on a cruise with more than 2 formals nights he also has a White Dinner Jacket, which he will wear in place of his black tux jacket.

ENJOY! And dress up and have fun!!!

Thanks,

There's a cruise fashion forum that will probably help you more than this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Hi,:) I haven't been on Solstice lately but I have cruised recently.

I have seen the usual....some gals wear long dresses, others cocktail

dresses. Men were in suits and tuxes....click on the links in my signature

and there are quite a few photos there~the most recent ones are

on the Flickr site.

As for what the stores are showing? Most of the major dept stores have formal sections

for women's dresses. I usually wear a long dress at least one formal night.

Thanks so much for the pics, they were great. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm really looking forward to our cruise in April. I have many long dresses that I have worn on past cruises so I will have to go shopping in my closet.

Katt:cool::cool:;)

Archived