La Romana private tours

draco31061

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but it seems like the options are fairly limited for tours. While I prefer private tours myself, you might want to consider one of Terry's group tours, since there's quite a bit of variety between them... but I don't have my tour with him for another couple of weeks so I can't personally vouch for the quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
How did these tours go? We are looking for a tour for 2-6 people. Relaxing walk, husband just got got a new hip in Feb. Would love to take photos & see the Italian Town they built. Any ideas?

cheap7029

Are you talking about going to Altos De Chavon? If so here is a link to a video someone posted about going there. It looks like there is a shuttle that you can catch just outside the port and it doesn't seem to be that expensive.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312364

LOL...just realized that this thread is from 2010! But for anyone interested:

We are doing a small group dune buggy tour in La Romana with ProExcursions, which comes highly recommended. From their site:

"Safari Truck, Buggy, glasses, drinks and plantation produce, Pro English Guide. Very little groups, max 20 people. TOUR SERVICED IN ENGLISH ONLY, FOR CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIPS

From the charming village of Bayahibe,aboard our Safari truck, we will set course to the outback country of Benerito. Arriving at our authentic ranch your buggy awaits! At the wheel of your all terrain speedster we are riding towards the sugar cane fields in which you will learn all about this important industry. Eat some freshly cut, sweet & juicy sugar cane. The we will set course to reach GATO, at this collurful village the children and habitants will run in the streets to greet us and exchange!! If you have things you would want to give...this is the place. An experience you will never forget and will surely make you wonder!

Leaving Gato, let's take a new direction via the jungle to meet with a Cultivator on his beautiful plantation. There freshly cooked from his wood stove he will serve us some specialities of his garden. While at the plantation get wet in the famous river of Chavon in its most secluded area. This river offers a mesmorizing view. Hollywood even shot films in that area... Films like Anaconda, Rambo and Apocalypse Now, just to name a few. During your time at the river, lets make a refreshing swim stop on a bed of river pebbles far from civilisation surrounded by the Tropical forest."

$69pp and 1/2 price for children. Now, it will take a lot to convince me that these films were truly filmed here lol...but I bet it will be a great experience nonetheless.

This sounds great but my husband just got a new hip Feb, 2nd, Jungle truck sounds bouncy. What do you think?

cheap7029

Personally, I have never been to LaRomana before so I don't know how rugged the terrain is but I would imagine that it would be a bit much to do this tour with a new hip. Seavis tours and Proexcursions both offer more relaxed land tours though. If you haven't already, you may want to look at their websites

Pro E and Seavis are both excellent outfits, we've enjoyed the powerboats to Saona Island and the Natural Pool with Seavis, and Pro E's luxury cat the Quetzal to Catalina Island, up the River Charon and along the Casa De Campo coast. The latter may not be available to cruisers, but the Seavis tour is designed for Carnival port times.

The powerboats were smooth when we went but if the water is rougher it could be bouncy.

And as thrilled2012 said they also offer land excursions. Check their sites to see if one of their excursions interest you!