???? about all the beautiful pictures that people post

mebecindi

What kind of camera are you guys using. I have never seen such beautiful pictures as I have on here in the last few days.

I would like to buy a nice camera....just can't afford thousands...lol

One poster said he used a Canon SX120 IS. Found it on Amazon for 220.00.

What is everyone else using and what price range is it in, if you don't mind me asking.

Nikon D-90 (refurbished) with 18-70 Autofocus, VR and 70-300 Autofocus VR lenses. Total cost $1500. Bought it for my Alaska cruise last August. Very expensive but so worth it! I took over 1800 pictures and a dozen videos with the camera that were awesome. :D

Nikon D-90 (refurbished) with 18-70 Autofocus, VR and 70-300 Autofocus VR lenses. Total cost $1500. Bought it for my Alaska cruise last August. Very expensive but so worth it! I took over 1800 pictures and a dozen videos with the camera that were awesome. :D

WOW....bet the pics were beautiful....but $1500.00 is out of my price range....thank you though for the information....

I haven't posted any pictures yet but I use the Canon SX20IS and it's great! I wanted something advanced but I wasn't ready for a SLR (especially price wise!) so I went with this and have not regretted it! It's $399.99 right now at Best Buy but I think you could probably find it slightly cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+PowerShot+12.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Black/9455127.p?id=1218107269974&skuId=9455127

I haven't posted any pictures yet but I use the Canon SX20IS and it's great! I wanted something advanced but I wasn't ready for a SLR (especially price wise!) so I went with this and have not regretted it! It's $399.99 right now at Best Buy but I think you could probably find it slightly cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+PowerShot+12.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Black/9455127.p?id=1218107269974&skuId=9455127

I almost bought that camera!!! I just thought it was 'just' too big for what I wanted..which is why I went with the SX200. The 200 fits in a pocket, where the 20IS would not.

JR's is a great company to deal with...I've purchased my last 3 cameras with them...two for my girls, and this one.

I almost bought that camera!!! I just thought it was 'just' too big for what I wanted..which is why I went with the SX200. The 200 fits in a pocket, where the 20IS would not.

JR's is a great company to deal with...I've purchased my last 3 cameras with them...two for my girls, and this one.

Very true! It is big and that's something to factor into a final decision. For us, it's great though! It does get a laugh when we bring it out at parties ... but the pictures are just wonderful.

We just use a small point-and-shoot pocket-sized digital camera. It takes great pictures and it is easy to carry around, especially on shsore. We put a 2GB media card in it so it will hold all the pictures we can stand to take for the duration of the cruise.

I hope this is allowed, but these are some pictures that my 15yr old took with a very inexpensive Panasonic Lumix fx-7..The camera when she bought it in June was around $150..

You can tell that good cameras come in all kinds of price ranges!

I would recommend that if you want to find a camera to take great pictures, the more optical zoom the better. Mega Pixel's are nice to have but not necessarily the best option. If you can get something with 10 or more times optical you will get fantastic pictures. Plus also remember to have it set on the proper setting whether it is day or night.

I have a Sony DSC-H20 and I love it. It's lightweight and fairly inexpensive. I paid $299 for it last year. :)

Have any of you been on a cruise or excursion that would not allow you to take pictures? I have underwater case for mine and I thought I read somewhere on here that you couldn't take pictures when on the stingray excursion, anyone know this to be true?

I would recommend that if you want to find a camera to take great pictures, the more optical zoom the better. Mega Pixel's are nice to have but not necessarily the best option. If you can get something with 10 or more times optical you will get fantastic pictures. Plus also remember to have it set on the proper setting whether it is day or night.

I have a Sony DSC-H20 and I love it. It's lightweight and fairly inexpensive. I paid $299 for it last year. :)

Leah, while I agree that zoom is important, don't overlook the wide angle aspect of landscape photography. With all of the spectacular vistas that we adore while cruising, a camera should also be adept at wide angle settings. Ocho Rios, for example:

122015984.jpg

Or, Grand Cayman:

122015397.jpg

What kind of camera are you guys using. I have never seen such beautiful pictures as I have on here in the last few days.

I would like to buy a nice camera....just can't afford thousands...lol

One poster said he used a Canon SX120 IS. Found it on Amazon for 220.00.

What is everyone else using and what price range is it in, if you don't mind me asking.

I use the Canon Powershot A650:

530984.jpg

It has a great 6X optical zoom and 12.1 megapixels. When I bought it, it cost about $350. I love it, it takes fantastic pictures, has some size to it (I can't stand little skinny palm sized cameras) and best of all it takes AA batteries. Most people like the rechargable lithium batteries, but if your camera dies and you don't have an outlet, you're out of luck. But you can always carry backup AA batteries.

I also got this cool underwater housing for it for all the snorkeling, boat trips and watersports I do. It ran about $150. Kinda pricy, but definitely worth it, if you take pictures around water a lot:

526140.jpg

Here are a couple pics just to show you a little of what it can do:

10726_539454936057_23603605_31048614_8364122_n.jpg

10726_539455225477_23603605_31048672_4572674_n.jpg

10726_539455130667_23603605_31048653_7046190_n.jpg

I just bought a Cannon Rebel XSI.....got it on sale during cyber Monday for $568. I haven't take cruise pics yet........I will this next one, but if I can get the upload thingy to work...

Sure you can ... piece of cake! If you have any difficulty, gimme a shout!

We've purchased several Canon PowerShot digital cameras over the years, from the lowest end of the price range and up ($100-$500). Regardless, we've had nothing but success and lots of compliments on our photos! :)

Yep, Canon has NEVER let me down. Especially the PowerShot models!

Thank you ... I hope my passion shows. It's also nice to get paid for it, too.

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

- Confucius

;)

Beautiful pics.. and great job you have.. but I am sure the camera you have is a tad expensive... for a traveler like myself.. the $300 I paid for my Olympus that is small compact and both above and underwater.. it does the trick for great photos... ;)

Beautiful pics.. and great job you have.. but I am sure the camera you have is a tad expensive... for a traveler like myself.. the $300 I paid for my Olympus that is small compact and both above and underwater.. it does the trick for great photos... ;)

Oh, no ... the camera I took on the last cruise was the little compact Canon SX120 IS. Great little cam in the daylight ... but a weak flash.

I use my Canon 5D and 40D for my wedding, portrait, and youth sports work. Each of those are a 'tad expensive', not to mention those utterly superb Canon 'L' lenses. And some people wonder why wedding photography costs so much. ;)

Archived