RC monarch of the seas with almost 3yr old and 5 yr old

NEmomto2

Hello All-

I'm a newbie to this board.... I was wondering about RC aventure ocean... Are they really strict with the ages... My son will be turning 3, 2 days after we arrive back from the cruise.. We are going for a wedding so didn't pick the date... We are wondering if he'll be able to attend any of the adventure ocean activities with his 5 yr old sister or are they really strict and won't allow him because he isn't technically 3... He is completely potty trained and is a mature almost 3....

THanks for your help.

I think all cruiselines are very strict about the ages. RC states your child must be at least 36 months old to participate, and your son won't be old enough.

I think everyone who posts to this forum always has the most mature and well behaved children :).

There is the Royal Babies and Tots program each day, but you must attend this with your child.

The minimum age restriction is very strictly enforced. (You will hear how they sometimes make allowances for children in various age groups if they are very close to, within a month or so, the next age group and if they meet other requirements, but that does not apply for children who do not meet the basic age minimum of 3.) If they make exceptions for one "mature almost 3," then every parent with a "mature almost 3" child will (justifiably) expect the same, and then the age minimum is meaningless. In many cases, the age restrictions are part of their liability insurance, which is one reason they are non-negotiable.

beachchick

I think all cruiselines are very strict about the ages. RC states your child must be at least 36 months old to participate, and your son won't be old enough.

I think everyone who posts to this forum always has the most mature and well behaved children :).

There is the Royal Babies and Tots program each day, but you must attend this with your child.

Yep to what 6 rugrats said. All of it.

Archived