Zipline in Labadee

Cruzin55

It's not that strenuous, you just need to be able to hold on to the bar as you zip down the line. My teenage daughters and I went on it a couple of years ago. You first go down a practice line on the beach to learn the technique ("starfish") and then they put you on a truck and drive up the hill side to the start of the zip line.

DH and I both ziplined in Labadee. It was not strenuous. A very small amount of walking. You just have to hang on when you get to the bottom. DH, who is afraid of heights, did great. Macho me, had to swallow a few times before going. It was a totally awesome sight. Over too quickly, but would have gone right back and done it again if we had just won the lottery. Go enjoy it. Got to do those things before we get too old to be let on them. :D:D

Kathryn

I have a full video of us doing the zip line, and as others stated, it is NOT strenuous at all! It's well worth the money and beautiful looking down from the top.

If you'd like I can link the video, although it's fairly large and amateur! :D

I would agree it's not strenuous. It may be if you have a heart condition that is exacerbated by a fear of heights! Make sure to allow about 90 minutes for the whole thing. If your time is 10am, you won't really be done until about 11:15 or 11:30 since you have to do the practice run. It's really fun. Make sure to bring a camera with a wrist strap--the view from the top is amazing!

I'd also recommend if at all possible to do an early morning time, we did the 9am time, and by the time we were getting off the zip line at the landing zone, it was already getting hot! I noticed a larger crowd as well doing the zip line as time went on so, doesn't hurt to be an early bird if you sign up for the early slot.

DH and I both ziplined in Labadee. It was not strenuous. A very small amount of walking. You just have to hang on when you get to the bottom. DH, who is afraid of heights, did great. Macho me, had to swallow a few times before going. It was a totally awesome sight. Over too quickly, but would have gone right back and done it again if we had just won the lottery. Go enjoy it. Got to do those things before we get too old to be let on them. :D:D

Kathryn

Noo, don't say too old! :(

My wie and I are going to do this in May. :D

:rolleyes: Can you 'zip' with a camera in your hand, or maybe sneak on on in your pocket?

:rolleyes: Can you 'zip' with a camera in your hand, or maybe sneak on on in your pocket?

If your camera has a wrist strap, you'll be fine. Absolutely bring it!! I didn't bring mine and I really regret it.

I held a palm sized Canon camcorder the entire way down. Took some guts going on that one handed, but, well worth it. The video is great!

• 1 month later...
I would agree it's not strenuous. Make sure to allow about 90 minutes for the whole thing. If your time is 10am, you won't really be done until about 11:15 or 11:30 since you have to do the practice run. It's really fun.

When all is said and done, aren't you on the actual zipline for only a total of 45 seconds? Seemed to me that $90 for a 45 second ride is a bit much. I did not do it while there and maybe I'm missing something. You must spend a lot of time waiting in a queue. Comments welcome. :confused:

Have you ever gone ziplining in Labadee? The info on it says it is rated strenuous, I was wondering just how strenuous it is.

Like everyone said - not strenuous - EXCEPT!!! One thing was difficult for me.

I have little upper body strength and at the end of the lines (both practice and real) you have to pull yourself up (like a chin up) high enough to create enough slack in your harness to allow the "catcher" to un-harness you. I have never been able to do a pull-up, chin-up, or one of those bent arm hangs that we used to do in elementary school for the Presidential Fitness Award, so I had a lot of difficulty with this. The guys helping me had to basically prop me up with their knee to allow them enough slack to unhinge me.

I saw pics that they used to provide a stool for you to stand on but they did not do this when I was there.

Just an FYI. Otherwise nothing strenuous at all! :)

Archived