Cabin mix up

nerysj

We have 2 cabins booked - HH (E210 outside obstructed view) and BE (BALCONY E208) on Emerald deck of the Grand Princess for July 2010. Family of 2 adults and 2 teenage sons.

I emailed our TA today to see how much an upgrade from HH cabin to BD for our 2 teenagers might be - we are already in a BE balcony, but the BD balconies are in a much beter position - and were available today on the Princess website

TA emailed back saying that she has moved our cabin to the upgraded category free of charge, but the upgrade from HH to BD for the kids would be £575pp!! I hadn't envisaged such a hike, so emailed back saying that we would leave things as they were. In the meantime I receive an email saying that she has upgraded our balcony.........which is 3 floors up on Baja from the kids on Emerald deck!!! I see on our personalizer that this is the case!! Our original cabin is showing as available........I was unable to contact TA, as their office hours ended, just as I emailed my last 'do not change the cabins' email.

What would happen if that cabin was to be taken overnight....am I 'stuffed' even though I did not ask TA to change the booking. I know she though she might be doing us a favour (it is a better location for the same price) but upgrading the kids at £575pp was simply not an option. I have left two emails and a voice mail. Will phone in the morning - just hope it's not too late?:confused:

Any thoughts?!

That's a tough one knowing that you wanted those staterooms close to each other because of the teens being there. Yes, there is a chance that cabin could disappear over nite, and if 'stuffed' means 'outta luck', you have that one right.

BUT, since you did not tell her to upgrade your stateroom, unless you didn't have your booking marked as 'do not upgrade', you might have a chance of getting this all sorted out. But I would take care of this ASAP while there are still cabins close to each other available.

I agree... take care of this ASAP. And, stick to your guns that you didn't authorize or request the TA to change your cabin. They created the problem and make them fix it. If necessary, speak to a supervisor. If the supervisor can't help you, ask to speak to the President of the company. Something else to make sure your TA does is to "link" the bookings for everyone in your group together. That way, it's in the system that you are traveling together.

I agree... take care of this ASAP. And, stick to your guns that you didn't authorize or request the TA to change your cabin. They created the problem and make them fix it. If necessary, speak to a supervisor. If the supervisor can't help you, ask to speak to the President of the company. Something else to make sure your TA does is to "link" the bookings for everyone in your group together. That way, it's in the system that you are traveling together.

The booking was linked - and she knew we were travelling as a family. I was so surprised she did it........yes, I would've liked to have upgrade, but the price was prohibitive for the upgrade from HH to BD.

Will have to cross my finger for the next 11 hours.

The booking was linked - and she knew we were travelling as a family. I was so surprised she did it........yes, I would've liked to have upgrade, but the price was prohibitive for the upgrade from HH to BD.

Will have to cross my finger for the next 11 hours.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for you and hope that one of our friends from across the Atlantic don't nick your room overnight! Was a bit of a leap of faith what your TA did, but I expect she did it not fully understanding the consequences and thinking she was doing you a favour :eek:

My TA required it in writing when we changed our cabin from B753 to the Holy Grail of the Aft cabins, C752.

Here's my suggestion, can you call Princess now, and see if you can put a courtesy hold on the cabin you had? Explain the situation to them. Then release it when you get in touch with your agent.

My TA required it in writing when we changed our cabin from B753 to the Holy Grail of the Aft cabins, C752.

Here's my suggestion, can you call Princess now, and see if you can put a courtesy hold on the cabin you had? Explain the situation to them. Then release it when you get in touch with your agent.

It's 11pm here - doubt anybody would anser my call:(:(

Well..........managed to change the booking back to the original cabin today!! Phew!!

The teenagers weren't worried at all about being 3 decks below us....BUT I was!!!

All I can hope for now that the upgrade fairy would like to upgrade the kids to Baja deck along with us (ours wouldn't be an upgrade - only change in position)!! I know - it's never going to happen!

The only reason for wanting to change OUR position E208 - was conflicting reports about that balcony. E210 is a great cabin for the kids - least obstructed out there, but our E208 balcony overlooking the promenade deck (which doesn't bother me) but I am worried about the lack of sun. Apparently it has a very large balcony. It was the best configuration for us as a family at the time of booking, taking into account that we didn't particularly want to pay $$$ for a balcony for the kids. I was willing to pay for the kids upgrade, but at UK £575pp, it seemed excessive.

Does anyone have any information/experience on E208 balcony on Grand (Emerald deck)??

I should chill.......it'll be fine??:p:p

Are the Grand, Golden and Star the only ships that have the 8 balcony cabins on the forward Emerald deck?

I think so, only on the 'Grand' class - apparently you love them or hate them......I'm hoping not the latter!!

Archived