Captain Scala Has Left Carnival

USA41018

I have not had the pleasure of sailing with Capt Scala. Is he not the one who just retired?

The current captain on the Glory is amazing, Capt Cutugno. He is a very kind and friendly person. His English is excellent and on the Behind the Fun tour he took however long it took to explain everything to us. He was awesome, and he was my first repeat captain!

I have never sailed with this captain but after watching those videos and reading his facebook page I am sad that I haven't. It sounds like he is great to be around and truly enjoys his job and interacting with the guests and crew. I wish more captains were like him, although I guess it does help that you can understand his english.

I did have a captain on the Elation back in October that could be seen out and about but noticed some of the other guests did not appreciate this. Durring the Captain's Reception in the atrium he was actually heckled by some patrons at the bar...saying things like "Who do you think you are, the Pope?".:mad:

On a side note....does anyone know anything about the current captain on the Victory?

He is a great Captain and will missed by Carnival fans. First Captain I had ever met that interacted with the guests. He even dealt the final round of the Blackjack tournament and had his picture made with the winner (me)

I may have to sail around the world also.

He was the best! So friendly and inter-active with the guests. He had his picture taken with my son during the "Cigars under the Stars with Captain Scala" when we were on the Ecstasy in 2007. He was always out and about, unlike other captains that you only see during the shows or at the Captain's Party! I was really hoping to be able to sail with him again one day. But, I am happy for him,seeing the world, I am actually very envious!

Good luck to Captain Scala!!

We are sailing on the Triumph March 13th. This was the ship he was to take command of on that day after his vacation. I had been in touch with him on FB and he asked us to notify him after we boarded and he would make arrangements to meet with us. This was going to be the highlight of our cruise.

I'm not familiar with this guy based on his pic.

Coincidentally, we seemed to always have the same captain on most of our voyages regardless of what ship we sailed. In fact he met his girlfriend one cruise, and got married to her on another. And his name is the only one I can remember. Gian Paulo Casula.

From his face book page..

Captain Scala needs to break the news!!!! I no longer work for Carnival. I resigned two days ago after fifteen years. I am moving to Oceania-Regent cruise Lines. I would like to sail around the world and visit new places. It was a tough decision to take but I believe that at this stage of my career it is the right thing to do. Pleas...e do keek in touch as I love to hear from all of you.

Archived