Carnival Suite Question

jam3

So I'm looking to book a cabin on the Elation for our Thanksgiving cruise and I'm confused. Do all suites have a balcony? They have several suite cabins available on the Verandah deck but I can't really tell from the deck plans if they have a balcony or not! Let me know please. Also, has anyone ever stayed on the Verandah deck? Is it a good place?

Thanks!

So I'm looking to book a cabin on the Elation for our Thanksgiving cruise and I'm confused. Do all suites have a balcony? They have several suite cabins available on the Verandah deck but I can't really tell from the deck plans if they have a balcony or not! Let me know please. Also, has anyone ever stayed on the Verandah deck? Is it a good place?

Thanks!

Yes, all suites should have some sort of a balcony. Some are extended and some are normal size. If you give a room number or category you are looking at I'm sure someone can help you further.

Thanks for the quick replies! I am looking at V1 or V2. Now I see the balcony info but I was wondering if it's worth it. Also there is a $80/pp charge between obstructed view and unobstructed. I obviously know the difference but is that large difference worth it? Is it really obstructed or just that you can't look straight down because of the small boats hanging on the side.

Sorry for the silly questions but just looking for input from someone who knows.

Thanks again

Well an obstructive view has life boats or some sort of object (not to sound smart) in the way of the balcony. You should be able to see straight out, but not look down. If you were sitting you may have a problems seeing the water, in my prior experience. Some are marked obstructive but it's something so small that it doesn't really make a difference. Some frequent cruisers can give you the room numbers of the ones that are coded obstructive but not quite as much. You may be able to find help calling Carnival and asking... they are friendly and most know what you're talking about.

So with that said...

If you want a clear view of the water at all times, than the extra money is worth it.

If you want a semi-clear view, but mostly for the outdoors and light, than the money isn't worth it.

Only you can determine that. You will have a great time no matter what!

I have been in V-2 on the Elation. The balcony is very small and NOT PRIVATE. There are stairs that go up right beside it and the forward deck of the ship is right beside the balcony. If you want privacy - this is not the cabin for you.

However - if you like to be around people - you will enjoy this balcony - especially at sail away! :D

• 5 months later...

Just keep in mind the verandah deck balcony suites are not private at all. The deck below (Lido) is a walk around deck. Even without an obstructed cabin you will not be on your balcony looking straight down to the sea and the deck below sticks out.

The less obstructed cabins are V21 and V30

Archived