LAX or Long Beach?

39august

They are nearly equal distance apart. Long Beach possibly having the edge in being a tad bit closer. However, the amount of time you will save flying into and out of Long Beach vs. LAX is immeasurable. I live 45 mins away from LAX, but if I am picking someone up, I have to leave an hour and a half a head of time because it takes me 45 minutes to get to the airport, then another 45 minutes to fight the traffic around the airport! Needless to say....Long Beach is by far more convenient!!

If you have a choice, Long Beach would definitely be the better one. LAX is approx 20 miles from the port, LGB about 13, depending on which port you are sailing out of, Long Beach or San Pedro (Los Angeles). Seven miles doesn't sound like much, but if you hit heavy traffic, driving time can increase significantly.

What about taxi fares from each to the port?

We took supershuttle from LAX last week and the RCI transfer back to LAX. Supershuttle was $37 for two people. $28 for the first person then $9 for each additional person. The RCI transfers for two were $45.

It proabably would have been cheaper to book RT transportation with supershuttle but, several years ago, I had nighmare service with a shuttle company on RT transportation. I ended up paying for a taxi to get to the airport, nearly missing my flight. Paying the extra $8 is worth not having to worry about it to me.

If it were me...I'd fly into Long Beach. A MUCH smaller airport that is nearly hassle-free...and it's in an area that has much less traffic than LAX.

Can't help you on the cab rates...but go with Long Beach!

Archived