Question about Price Drops

emen822

Is there a certain number of price drops that you can get? Today my category went down $52 pp for a resident discount. Is it possible that it would go lower and I could get it again or are you only entitled to a resident discount once? I'm not trying to be greedy :D but wanted to know if I was entitled to another drop if it went down again. My other room went down a significant amount last weekend but there are still a lot of rooms available so I'm going to keep my eye on that one too. I remember reading you could get price drops up until 72 hours before sailing.

I hope this makes sense and someone knows the answer. Sometimes its so hard to explain the simple things. :rolleyes:;)

Thanks in advance.

Mary

There is no limit on the price drops but be aware that if you booked during a specific promotion that offers you onboard credits, these may no longer be available if not still offered at the time of the price adjustment.

I have gotten 3 price drops so far on my next cruise booking and saved over $700 but lost out on my free gratuities so more like $500. Funny thing is, now it is within final payment and what looks to be a lot of rooms still unoccupied, but it has now gone up to where it would be over a $1000 more than the price I got. I don't see them dropping this price to where I would actually get it cheaper than what I paid. I am happy with that, though....but still check every other day or so just so I don't miss out on something fantastic.

So, I just happened to check again and the residency rate when down again. But when I called, she told me because I used a c&a coupon, that I couldn't get the price drop? :confused: Does that sound right or should I just call back? It's $130 pp drop so I'd like to get it. :D

Mary

So, I just happened to check again and the residency rate when down again slightly. But when I called, she told me because I used a c&a coupon, that I couldn't get the price drop? :confused: Does that sound right or should I just call back? It's $130 pp drop so I'd like to get it. :D

Mary

Wrong. This one's NOT a combinability issue.

Call again. Try C & A this time, instead of a regular CSR.

You can't get the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount AND use a C&A coupon, but you can use ONE with any resident or senior or miltary RATE.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was ready to give back the coupon to take the discount but I was doing two reservations at once and didn't want to get her confused. I originally was paying $1131, it dropped to $1079 this past weekend and now to $949. I'm going to call C&A. Thanks for your prompt reply. :D

Mary

Archived