Is there still the Chef's gala dinner if there's no formal night?

margbem

We know there won't be a formal night on our upcoming Caribbean cruise on Legend, but if I remember correctly, the chef's gala dinner was on formal night last year in the Med. Does this mean there won't be one? We really enjoyed it last time.

I would think the Captain will host a reception and dinner. (may not state "formal" in the Herald but folks will probably dress up)

On the Spirit Carib Dec. sailing our Captain and the Cruise Director did have a special evening. Later in the restaurant, the Officer's hosted tables.

Martita B.

I can't see anything wrong with dressing up for a Captains reception or Gala dinner even if there are no "Suggested" formal evenings.The Captain and officers will presumably still dress for these evenings.

I think that quite a few regular sailors will still bring their formal attire when on board the Little ones.

The Caribbean is the ideal place to wear ones ivory (white) evening jacket.

Thanks Lord and Martita - my husband is not taking his DJ but we'll still dress up for dinner each evening as we enjoy doing that and don't get much chance nowadays! He wore a jacket every evening last time on the Legend, as did most of the men.

I think that quite a few regular sailors will still bring their formal attire when on board the Little ones.

I finished packing yesterday. THe cruise docs said no formal evenings, so I did not pack formalwear for me, or my husband's tux and evening pumps.

You are messing with my head Lord. If there is one thing I can't take, it's being under-dressed - and I'm alreay worried I didn't pack enough elegant casual for me.

But there is not enough Valium in Virginia to make me re-pack those bags.

Kate - I admire your organisational skills! I'm still deciding what to take and washing and ironing, and my husband always finds something that needs washing a couple of days before we go!! We leave England next Saturday am and are desperate to get away from this winter weather - another 3" of snow this morning!

Margaret

As long as I take my long black skirt, black cashmere sweater and my pearls I'm set for any occassion ~~

I was delighted to see most guests were dressed appropriately (evenings) in the Carribean in Dec.

I know you'll enjoy Captain Erik L. Anderssen ~~he's very interesting and quite a character ~~

Enjoy!

MB

Semi-formal attire will be perfect ~~a suit for your husband and for you, a dressy dress. I'm sure you'll see all types of evening attire. I was pleasantly surprised to see almost all the Guests (during our Dec. Carib cruise) dressed so well and chic in the evenings. First and last nights are always casual ~~also dinners in the Sky Grill are casual ~~in the dining room Guests do still dress up.

Have a great time!:p

Martita B.

Since there is not a formal night, is semi-formal dressing ok.... suit for my husband and nice semi-formal dress for myself, or should I consider packing more formal wear
If there is no formal night, your husband does not need to take a suit but rather a blazer or smart jacket. You can take up the extra space with your goodies. :cool:

Archived