Where shall we cruise next.

debbue19511972

Only have done West. and South. Caribb. DH and myself are retiring next summer, June 3, 2005 to be exact! We can finally cruise anytime during the year as opposed to spring break because of teaching. Will only cruise Celebrity or RCCL. Notice Constellation does a good Baltic cruise. Looking either at Baltic or the Med. Will save Alaska and Hawaii for another year.

deb,

I've done Baltic, I've done Mediterranean...and I would do either again in a heartbeat...

We're sending my parents to the Baltic on the Constellation this June...If you do it, be very attentative to the itineraries...they differ broadly...make sure yours gets you to St. Pete, Tallinn, Gdansk, if possible, and Copenhagen for sure...The one my parents are on goes Stockholm to Dover and looks preferable to Dover Round trips...

Personally, I prefer the Mediterranean...We did the Med on the Millennium this past August and it was absolutely fantastic...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Take a look at the one way Med Tours. Venice to Barcelona or reverse. You can spend a night or two pre and post cruise to enjoy those major cities more leisurely. September was a great month to cruise, too.

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997

Celebrity Zenith 11/1996

Legend of the Seas 6/1995

Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

I would definitely do the Med. cruise but in the spring or fall..less tourists and the weather is still wonderful. It was my favorite cruise hands down. Just remember however, both cruises mentioned are VERY port intensive. Turkey was my absolute favorite country. Hope that the world situation changes enough to spend a week there some time in the future.

Let us know what you decide.

Archived