Television stations shown on board

pichjoe

We will be on the EOS during the NCAA basketball tounament, does anyone know if CBS is one of the channels shown on board so we would be able to watch the tournament. A few years ago on Carnival Liberty we were able to watch the local Denver feed.

We were on Serenade for the Super Bowl, sailing away from St. Thomas toward St. Croix. The Super Bowl this year was a FOX broadcast, so we were unsure if we'd get to see it. As it turns out, the broadcast we saw was on ESPN with Joe Theisman and another announcer (can't remember who). I believe this was some sort of international broadcast, because it did not have any of the Super Bowl commercials.

I don't know where your ship will be sailing during the NCAA tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised if you also get some sort of international broadcast on the ESPN channel, unless you get the straight CBS feed.

Thanks for the info, we will be leaving Friday 3-19 out of NJ and at sea Sat. and Sun. those days not sure if the sat. feed will be available, hopefully the games will be on in the sports bar if not able to be seen in the cabin.

Thanks for the info, we will be leaving Friday 3-19 out of NJ and at sea Sat. and Sun. those days not sure if the sat. feed will be available, hopefully the games will be on in the sports bar if not able to be seen in the cabin.

I would think that you'd be close enough to US that you'd get the satellite feeds, but you won't know until it happens. I don't think the customer service people would know, either. Maybe someone who has cruised during the tournament in the past will eventually chime in!

The only CBS stuff I remember were old sit-coms....

During pro football season, RCI ships generally carry the Sunday afternoon national broadcast games from both CBS and Fox. On Sunday evening this year they carried the NBC game and on Monday nights, the ESPN broadcast. They don't carry live, any of the big four's nightly schedules, but you should get Fox News, CNN (or CNN International), ESPN (or ESPN Deportes) plus some programming like Discovery Network, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, and CBS Eye on RCI which offers programming similar to what the airlines frequently show: repeats of 60 Minutes and various CBS comedy programs.

Archived