Celebrity with 4 year old daughter

DanK

I posted a similar thread on the Celebrity board, but had no bites. We are traveling to Bermuda with our 4 year old on the Summit on May 9th.

We were curious about the kids program (any info would be great).

While we have been on many cruises, the only one since she was born was on a 3 day Disney Wonder sailing in September 2008. She was just shy of 3, so she spent most of the time with us. The only experience with the kids program then was when we took and stayed with her for a few events.

Thanks in advance.

DanK

Their kids program is for 3 years and up and the counselors that we've encountered are pretty awesome. It is more low key than other cruise lines, but you find interactive family activities to join in conjunction with the program. They also lend out treasure chests full of toys for the younger kids.

There are usually far fewer children on X...which to me is great. More individual attention. No fear of getting lost in the crowd.

The Summit has a nice kids area.. although a bit smaller than on RCCL as some have mentioned, but it IS a smaller ship!!

I especially like the kids pool area.. away from the main pool area...wading pool depth... with a slide... (not a water slide.)

I think you will be very happy...

This shot may give you a shred of an idea of that area.

1778604923_EuropeCruise2009-2095.jpg.4fac16e6dc38cbba1049ebd932f98d45.jpg

Winedown, thank you for the info. I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the Summit does have a kids pool area. From your picture, my youngest is 8, I think he is too big for that area, what do you think? Is that the slide in the back?

Winedown, thank you for the info. I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the Summit does have a kids pool area. From your picture, my youngest is 8, I think he is too big for that area, what do you think? Is that the slide in the back?

roe2ship - I see you have been on Princess alot. Do you have any insight to the kids clubs on the Carribean Princessfor a 3 year?

roe2ship - I see you have been on Princess alot. Do you have any insight to the kids clubs on the Carribean Princessfor a 3 year?
Yes, my son actually went on Princess for the first time at that age and he loved it. On the Caribbean Princess, the kids room is very spacious with a ball pit, computers and video games. The staff play some games with them, arts and crafts, take them for ice cream and sometimes have a dinner scheduled for the buffet on formal night. The younger the kids are the better when cruising on Princess. The older groups tend to think the programs are lame. There is also a pool with a small slide for the younger kids aft with plenty of loungers for the parents and a beautiful view of the wake.

Here is a link to some daily activities that will give you at least a general idea on the kids programs.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Princess%20Patters/

I posted a similar thread on the Celebrity board, but had no bites. We are traveling to Bermuda with our 4 year old on the Summit on May 9th.

We were curious about the kids program (any info would be great).

While we have been on many cruises, the only one since she was born was on a 3 day Disney Wonder sailing in September 2008. She was just shy of 3, so she spent most of the time with us. The only experience with the kids program then was when we took and stayed with her for a few events.

Thanks in advance.

DanK

Dan,

We took our then 4 and 6 year old daughters on a 14 night Hawaii cruise (Celebrity Summit) and they loved it. The kids program was great and most evenings they would get their faces painted which was a huge hit for them. We don't have any experience with the other lines kids programs but we felt Celebrity did a great job with them. We are going on another cruise with Celebrity this summer and will use the kids program then also (kids will be 9 and 11 this time!). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Melissa

Archived