Guaranteee Cabins And Traveling w/kids

megmno

We're considering booking a Pack and Go cruise for sometime in July or August if there are any available. (I understand they start getting posted 60 days before sailing.) DS will be graduating from high school in June and I would love one last family vacation before he starts college. My question for any of you cruise gurus out there is this: Pack and Go seems to only offer category guarantees, not actual room bookings. We want to get two rooms, one for us and one for DS (age 17) and DD (age 13) to share. We obviously want the rooms to be nearby each other. In fact, I believe I've read that Carnival requires this (though I can't seem to find that info on their web site). So, if we booked through PnG, would we be able to get cabins near each other? Since we are flexible in vacation dates, I would like to be able to take advantage of this. Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

I am fairly certain that when you book you have to be in a cabin with one kid, your spouse in a cabin with the other. We also need 2 cabins. When we book we chose connecting cabins (our kids are still little. when they are older we will book our in a balcony and theirs across the hall in an inside). With a 17 yo, I would think it would be ok if y'all were on different decks or what have you as long as he is a responsible kid. I really don't know if they try to keep families together when you book a guarantee. I would think they could note that ideally y'all would be near each other, but cannot guarantee that you actually will be.

Thanks. DS is a very responsible kid, so I would be ok if they weren't nearby. But I thought Carnival had some rules about this. I've read here that you can switch rooms at the purser's desk when you check in. Do you know if they'd have a problem with that if the rooms weren't nearby?

Iv seen posts when guarantees were more common from a irate mom, who couldnt believe they were put on different decks, one fore and one aft. She said they told her they would TRY and keep them close ... she took that as a promise.

If you want to have cabins close to each other, dont book a guarantee.

Archived