FRED64

Has anybody got any feed back good or bad on the following

Glacier point Wilderness Safari - SKAGWAY

Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest - JUNEAU

Photo Safari Land & Sea - JUNEAU

Butchat Gardens Wine & Chocolate - VICTORIA

Mountain Point Snorkerling - KETCHIKAN

Or can you suggest any activity trips

Last August on the Sea Princess, I did the wine and chocolate excursion at Buchart gardens and is was very nice. Take lots of pics. I did not do the whale watching, but heard great reviews about that. many people said it was the best whale watching they have ever done. On the mountain Point snorkel, my daughter and son-in-law did that, except they made special arrangements to scuba with them. Boy did they have a blast, especially when they encountered a giant octipus. Others that did the snorkeling said it was great and they were very professional. Another group that went with some other company hated it and were pretty much left stranded. So stick with Mountain Point snorkeling & you will be fine. The other excursion we enjoyed was bike riding in Juneau around Mendahal glacier, then to the beer brewery. It rained a bit, but never the less was great fun.

As far as the specific questions you ask ...

The Whale Watching and Wildlife Search out of Juneau is very good. Be aware that the usual whale sightings are spouts, backs and flukes far off. The spectacular breaching you will see in the brochure is rare rare indeed!

The Butchart Gardens Wine and Chocolate is one I would highly recommend! The gardens are wonderful and the wine and chocolate is a lot of fun.

For these, and some others we have enjoyed in Alaska on eight cruises there, Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/alaskaexcursions.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived