Ventura 29th Jan-12th Feb

linnet20

There are already quite a few threads on this trip so I will be brief. The quick processing at the airport and port was great but wished we had known how long before any luggage would arrive as we all went for evening dinner at 6.30pm with our travelling clothes on, I would pack a clean top just in case.

Had Cabin A728 inside but really happy with that, facilities were good.

Had evening meal in the Bay Tree table 7 (8 people)took just under 2 hours but thats how it should be when eating up to 5 courses, offered cheese and biscuits/coffee every night.

Went to havanna but had to watch acts on large TVs as very busy after dinner. Other venues were good, I gave mixed reviews to entertainment.

I agree that staff were reserved, and didn't interact much with us or each other but we were satisfied with the service.

Had my birthday on board, there was a card from the Captain and balloons in the cabin, Husband ordered cake for dinner and more balloons over my chair, I enjoyed them singing to me in the Bay Tree.

Barbados - hopped in taxi with 8 people for island tour

Antigua - Island tour by taxi and asked to be dropped at beach, he then came to pick us up. Loved this island.

St Kitts - Island tour

Tortola - Organised trip to Grand Verde Islands- really good and worth going

Grand Turk - Went on the beach and to the complex for a swim.

St Maarten - Organised trip was under 2 flags, abit disapointed as it was Sunday and we were left for an hour on the French side but everything was shut. Lads did America's cup racing and thought this was great.

Dominca- River tubing, loved this it was really funny, any age would enjoy.

St Vincent - Caught fast Pirates boat to beach, a little scary but a trip in it's own right. Go early as beach gets busy.

St Lucia - Island tour by taxi, 4hrs but felt a bit travel sick as lots of bends and hills. Really enjoyed this island.

Granada- Spice market (got a bit harrased around the port) taxi to beach- best beach of trip.

This was our first trip with P and O and Ventura and would do both again.:)

One thing I notice is comments that staff are "reserved", I think they are supposed to be that way, I don't think room stewards have time to idly chat, they have more than one room to do, waiters are supposed to serve dinner in an elegant reserved manner, they often look uncomfortable when people keep talking to them, bar staff are totally different, a much more sociable type.

The first 3 were all the days at sea and the last one I think was Weds of the last week. We went to reception as soon as we were settled and they gave us the dates. There was a black and white formal night which was part of the first 3. I was impressed with the turn out and how everyone looked so nice dressed up. I was surprised how many ladies wore the long dresses but I had taken 3 so quite happy.

Archived