How do you arrange your luggage

jcruise67

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do this plus a backpack.

I'm acctually picking up my new suitcases today so that I can call the airlines and get them approved for boarding.

I know it's sometime left but every little thing I can do forehand pleases me.

:D

9 months, 7 days, 2 hours 35 minutes and 50 second right now!

When it comes to packing, LORD, this is going to be fun.

First I'll take out everything I think I need and put it on the floor next to the case. Try to pack.

Everything that dont fit, exchange for something inside the case that I really wont use.

Do this for a day and ta-da! All packed and ready to go!

Just have to remember not only to pass the lenght and hight but the weight!!

I've read all the boards to see what everyone pakc and it's scary!

Duct tape, even I understand now that theres acctually good use for it but the other nic nacs...

I'm leaving home for a nice vacation, not bringin a thing from home accept clothes.

Have a good vacation!!!

/Sandra

A tip I once read - lay out everything you plan to take - put half of it back :). Packing is part of the great fun of anticipation for a cruise. We are going through the exercise of trying to figure out what to take on a 17-day Canal cruise.

My carry-on used to be so large, it barely fit on the plane. I am as paranoid as most, but now I'm back into a more standard size and am able to more easily find emergency replacement clothes.

So now - the size of my carry-on would be determined by whether or not I would have time to shop for replacement clothes prior to a cruise.

But, I still carry three changes of underwear, a piece of each kind of clothing - shorts/pants/nice top/swimsuit/spare shoes - for each of us. (And luckily, the last time I carried extra underwear in the carry-on - even beyond my usual 3 changes - because that time - I forgot to pack the rest of my underwear.) :eek: I had enough underwear with me to wash out - if I had to. But, fortunately, it was a land vacation and I only needed to run to a local mall to mitigate my stupidity.

In my purse-like carryon goes the extra glasses/contacts - medicine - water - snacks - and all the documents necessary to travel. With the delays and lack of food on planes - and the possibility of not getting a chance to eat - I need a snack and water to stay "happy."

Careful about the size of your carry-on. If the plane is completely full, they may require you to gate-check your carry-on -- that's why you have to carry a smaller sized carry-on for those vital - cannot be replaced - items. Take an extra purse-like carry-on that the airline staff won't force you to give up.

Archived