MSC Express web check-in

vijoge

Agree, make sure you are using MSC's booking or confirmation number. TA's will often give you a confirmation number that is theirs. When we booked months ago, as soon as I got the confirmation number it was on MSC's system. And we sailed at least 4 months later.

I am sailing on 6th March and can't get mine to work either. However, did I see somewhere that you can't do online check in until 48 hours before sailing?

On-line check-is can be filled in and printed up to 72 hours prior to the day of departure. After that, you can't do it.

We sail on the 6th - I had DH call MSC because we had some other questions and he asked them about the web check-in while he had them on the phone. We were told that our particular cruise hasn't been fully booked yet and until they have we won't be able to use the check-in because they haven't assigned everyone rooms yet. Weird.

We were told that our particular cruise hasn't been fully booked yet and until they have we won't be able to use the check-in because they haven't assigned everyone rooms yet. Weird.

VERY WIERD! We selected a particular cabin when we booked so I can only say it had better have been "assigned" already.

I did our web check-in about three weeks ago for our March cruise. Our TA said we wouldn't get luggage tags in the mail (or anything else for that matter) which I thought was wierd. I've heard that some people don't get those until 2-3 weeks out though. I guess if nothing else we'll get them in Ft. Lauderdale.

BTW, we are on the same cruise as vijoge. They should be able to check in if we can...?!!:confused:

We just booked a Mediterranean cruise of January 2011, and the web check-in works just fine. Make sure to use the MSC reservation number, and not an internal agency's reservation number. if yu do not have it, call MSC at (800) 666-9333.

maybe they are thinking of cancelling the cruise?

I web checked in about 6 weeks out without a problem.

They better not be! Our roll call is semi-active, so I know there is at least a decent amount of people who have booked it. We've called MSC several times and we never get consistent answers. They even told my TA that we couldn't book excursions until we were on the ship. We knew that couldn't be right, so we called ourselves and the first person we talked to basically said they couldn't answer our question, called again and finally got an answer...and YES, of course you can view and book them in advance. So frustrating.

I was able to check my husband and I in with no problems. We do not leave until 4/2/10.

This will be my first Med cruise and only my 2nd cruise. Somewhat apprehensive as some of the reviews I have read about the Splendida are beautiful boat but everything is subpar at best.

So, does one have to stand their filling out luggage tags (given them by porters?) in all the confusion that applies to that particular stage of the trip?

We did receive our luggage tags in the mail from MSC. Not sure why some do, and some don't.

• 8 months later...

Ok, so what is the secret of using the Express Check in??? 2 couples from USA are on the Dec. 8, 2010 cruise and haven't been able to complete the process. Get as far as "Date of Birth" not known, but can't find a place to add this. Also, the directions are wrong when asking for booking number. If you click on the icon next to booking number MSC is asking for the client number. Doesn't work!! Emailed MSC customer service but no answer as of yet.

Oh, well, at least we have about 6 weeks to figure this out!!

Looking forward to this first MSC cruise even though reading a lot of negative comments. We will go with an open mind and enjoy the ports and passengers!!

Got the same kinds of negative reports with NCL for our March 2010 cruise after not cruising since 2003 with NCL and were pleasantly surprised! So, each to your own opinion!

Happy Cruising --- its vacation!!!!

Express check-in finally worked for us in the US after calling MSC per instructions from our TA. We had to give them our dates of birth before we could complete the check-in. Final form was for printing to bring on the ship.

Never did hear from MSC when I emailed them.

Oh, well. It finally worked out!! We sail 5 weeks from today!!! Still no action in our Dec. 8 thread. I wonder if this ship is really full!! Trying to find others to share independent tours. Time is running out!!

Archived