Blue Lagoon Transportation Question

michigyrl

I called today for reservations and was told that all that is available for the swim with the dolphins is 2:00 which would put us leaving the island at 4:00. Our ship leaves at 6:00. Do you think we would have enough time?

The 4pm ferry gets you back to the terminal at 4:30. Cab ride from there could take 15 minutes.. or 45 minutes depending on traffic on the bridge.

Call and ask them if there will be a ferry back to Downtown or the ship at that time that you can hitch a ride with. If so, then there's plenty of time.

Bridge traffic starts to back up around 4:30/5pm during the week.

You also might want to think about getting to the island earlier to enjoy the beach before your program at 2pm.

Great any informations would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if you book on your own if the $45.00 is with lunch? I know on carnval's website you can book with or without lunch...There is a $10.00 diff.

Thanks

If you book thru independently, the $45 adult beach pass included lunch. ($35 for kids).

don't know of any $35 pass.. although there is a $25 observer pass, which would allow you access to the beach after the program. Maybe that's what the cruiseliine is hawking..

We just did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day independently (because the ship was sold out) this past Wednesday. First of all, we LOVED it! I had seen postings here about a shuttle and emailed them and we were able to go over with the group from our ship as long as we were prepaid which we were. I'm not sure if I would do it again. We were told to meet the guest service representatives at 9:45-10:00am which we did and we had to wait with the rest of the group as expected, but also had to wait for them to put wristbands on everyone and then walk over to the boat that took us over. We were not given wristbands at that time (or ever). Our reservation was for 10:30am but we got there later, especially considering we were ready and off the ship waiting since 9:45am. Once we were on the boat they called over the radio to make sure the email print out I gave them checked out. We were then given our lunch vouchers but never wristbands. Once on the island we wanted to use some of the tubes to float around and were told we had to have wristbands so my boyfriend had to go on a little hike to find the rep that brought us and she radioed saying we were fine. I would have rathered just take a taxi to the ferry to check in, get wristbands and go from there (there was only 2 of us so paying for the taxi wouldn't have been a big deal). On the way back they stop at the ferry terminal again but anyone on a cruise stays on board and gets taken back to the port - it docks right near Senor Frogs for those who know where that is.

Just my opinion but I would have rathered go earlier and avoid all the waiting since it's a beautiful island and time flies!! I didn't want to leave!

The 4pm ferry gets you back to the terminal at 4:30. Cab ride from there could take 15 minutes.. or 45 minutes depending on traffic on the bridge.

Call and ask them if there will be a ferry back to Downtown or the ship at that time that you can hitch a ride with. If so, then there's plenty of time.

Bridge traffic starts to back up around 4:30/5pm during the week.

You also might want to think about getting to the island earlier to enjoy the beach before your program at 2pm.

I have a question for you are ship say leaving at 2;00 is their time different then the ship time?

We are booked independently with Blue Lagoon and received email confirmation that we may use their transfer directly from the ship. On the way back we were thinking of doing a walk through at Atlantis and/or the Straw Market more or less just to see them and possibly do some light shopping. Would it make more sense to get off at the ferry terminal to go to Atlantis and the Straw Market or to continue on the cruise ship terminal and go from there? Time is not of issue, unless things are closing for the evening, as our ship is in port overnight. Thanks!

We are booked independently with Blue Lagoon and received email confirmation that we may use their transfer directly from the ship. On the way back we were thinking of doing a walk through at Atlantis and/or the Straw Market more or less just to see them and possibly do some light shopping. Would it make more sense to get off at the ferry terminal to go to Atlantis and the Straw Market or to continue on the cruise ship terminal and go from there? Time is not of issue, unless things are closing for the evening, as our ship is in port overnight. Thanks!

Atlantis and the straw market are on 2 different islands. you could take the ferry back to the Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island (there are usually 2 different boats, so ask which one is which) and then go to Atlantis.

The boat going back to downtown usually drops off at the Cruise ship dock.. not the wharf near the straw market .. you would then have to exit port and walk to the straw Market. Again.. ask before you board. depending on the day..and who they pick up, that will determine where they drop off ..

Shopping downtown and the straw market start closing at 5pm and are closed up tight by 6pm. marina Village at Atlantis is open a bit later and close around 8pm some a little later.

Bahamas follow the US in Daylight Savings time dates. There should be no problem.

LOL after seeing the question on here and knowing I was calling regarding reservations I too asked. The girl laughed at me like I couldn't be serious but then told me that they are the same as EST with both DST changes.

Hey All!

Blue lagoon was wonderful - we can't wait to go back. We were on the Carnival Pride, last Thursday, and Carnival had it's own "beach day with lunch" excursion. I spoke to someone the next day and she said she paid $135 for this - I can't believe the markup!!! We booked online with Blue lagoon directly - two observer tickets for $25 and three Sea Lion Encounters (for $80).

Anyway, with the Pride arriving at 11ish 1:30 was the earliest ferry we could catch anyway, so we went to the straw market when the ship docked, had plenty of time to shop. We had intended to just take a taxi to the ferry on Paridise Island, but since we were done shopping we wandered back to the ship at around 12:45 and I did indeed meet the Dolphin encounter reps (wearing orange shirts) out front. I didn't see them right away but asked the man holding the sign who was rounding up the passengers on the Blue Lagoon Beach Day excursion.

The reps knew my name and were expecting me (from my brief email inquiring about transportation!) They were just finishing up with the passengers booking through Carnival so within 20 minutes the reps took us (my family and another couple travelling on the Fascination) to the dock (just steps from the ship) where they put us on a ferry. The ferry turned out to be the one that picked up Blue Lagoon passengers on Paradise Island. The assistant on the ferry was very nice, and told one of us to get off the ferry at Paradise Island to go pickup up our wristbands at the Blue lagoon ticket wicket for everyone else - then get right back on (which we did). It was all very easy.

On Blue Lagoon, the kids LOVED the sea lions, and we also had time to check out the dolphins, and spend a little time on the beach. Even with all the Carnival passengers, the beach seemed deserted - plenty of room for all. I bought the kids the lunch package for $12 each. Everyone's wristband was yellow (carnival or not) - no one told us we weren't allowed on the beach even though we booked directly.

On the way back they would have taken us back to the ship the same way, but we wanted to spend some time walking around Atlantis so we got off at Paradise Island and took a taxi back from there. (Again we were pleased with our late afternoon walkabout and I highly recommend it.)

I guess Blue Lagoon doesn't mind taking people to Paradise Island if the reps are there anyway for a ship excursion. If we had gotten to Nassau any earlier I would DEFINITELY had got on the very first ferry I could to spend more time on Blue Lagoon. Taxis are easy and plentiful and WORTH the $4 pp. It just didn't work out with the timing on the Pride. The OP may as well take advantage of the transportion provided since the first ferry doesn't leave until 8:30am.

What a wonderful way to spend the day! Enjoy your trip as we did and good luck!

How warm is the water at the Blue Lagoon in April?

Since the day was sunny but with a cool breeze (last week) the kids put on a complementary wet suit for their sea lion encounter so they were perfectly comfortable. I would imagine as the weeks go by that won't be necessary - I saw people playing in the water on the beach. If the day were hotter I think we would have been fine. Hope that helps.

Hey All!

The OP may as well take advantage of the transportion provided since the first ferry doesn't leave until 8:30am.

What a wonderful way to spend the day! Enjoy your trip as we did and good luck!

Float...thanks so much for the review and answering the question on transportation! I'll be on the lookout for the orange shirts! Glad you had a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
It is my understanding that if you are going on the Pride, the only way way you can go is via Carnival since BL is closed to the general public on Thursdays ...

Right?

We are on the Pride next week. We booked directly with Dolphin Encounters and saved a good deal of money. The amount didn't include the beach, but that was fine as we have other things we want to do in Nassau when the encounter ends.

When we booked we were told there would be a representative to meet us at the ship at 12:45 to take us to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. After seeing conflicting information I called the booking number this morning. I was told that at the time of my booking there was a staffing problem. The information I was given then was incorrect. We are to go directly to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal by cab and sign in by 1:00. Is this what others are hearing?

Archived