Posh Beach Club

MM42

Does anybody know the price for a pass to the Posh Beach Club?

No idea. Early on they said it was part of the courtyard perks and like the Epic Club they were considering a cover for others. Nothing more has been said on this on any of the webcasts or in any of the publishe material I have seen.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. Their nightlife - specifically nightclubs - have been left out of their unveilings. Here's hoping they get a good headliner DJ from the circuit world to get on there. It'd make the cover bearable. Right now the DJs that they have onboard the ships are substandard. DJ Jean on the SKY is the BEST DJ in the NCL fleet. I hope if they're not going to get a headliner that they move her off the Sky to the Epic's Spice H20. :)

No idea. Early on they said it was part of the courtyard perks and like the Epic Club they were considering a cover for others. Nothing more has been said on this on any of the webcasts or in any of the publishe material I have seen.

I'm confused. At first I thought that Posh Beach Club was for Villa guests only. Now, it seams that they will sell day/week pass for other guests. I did not book a Villa but I sure would like to buy a pass.

Also, does anyone know if Spice H2O is free?

Also, does anyone know if Spice H2O is free?

Here's some info on Spice H20. They do say there WILL be a cover, but I certainly hope that cover only applies to night, when it transforms into a "club scene". To have to "pay a cover" to sit by an adult-only pool would really tic me off.

But anyhoo, here's what I found about Spice H20:

The Spice H2O Club will have a cover charge, but this adults-only club at the aft of the ship near the pool, is open all day and night.

The Spice H2O Club, an adults-only complex located at the back of the ship on decks 15 and 16, features a huge LED screen displaying vibrant video images from charging bulls to flamenco dancers, and synchronized swimmers to tap dancing Geishas all combined with dynamic music to create a truly unique and sensory experience.

During the day, guests can soak up the sun in lounge beds around the pool while enjoying chill-out Asian tunes and Asian-inspired cuisine in Chinese to-go containers.

As the sun sets, Spice H20 is transformed to an Ibiza-inspired beach club with live entertainment and dinner served tableside or directly on beds. At night, the mood is red-hot with Latin mash-up vibes, dancing and unique entertainment atop the covered pool.

Spice H20 will serve up four spicy vibes per day:

• Morning (8 to 11 am)– Sunny Spice
    Spicy Bloody Mary's and Spicitinis combine with breakfast and relaxing tunes.
  • Afternoon (11 am to 4 pm) – Aqua Spice
    Guests enjoy the energy of the in-crowd as they sun the day away with Asian margaritas, bottle service and beers from around the world. Asian-inspired food is served in Chinese to-go containers.
  • Late afternoon/early evening (4 to 9 pm) – Sunset Spice
    A perfect sunset every day – either live or via the big screen. Live entertainment, flowing champagne and an eclectic menu that isn't available anywhere else on the ship. As the sun sets, it becomes a more intimate environment with Spanish guitars and red-hot dancers setting the vibe.
  • Evening (9 pm to whenever) – All Spice
    The entertainment is non-stop throughout the evening in this outdoor amphitheater. A visually captivating aerial ballet video comes to life as the pool floor rises and aerial performers mix dance moves with acrobatic choreography inside a metallic sphere to create a mesmerizing experience. Then guests can dance the night away on the covered pool.

There WILL be a cover to allow those of us who are not staying in the Courtyard to enter. You can buy a daily pass or a week pass, but prices have not been mentioned yet.

Here's more:

Adult guests who purchase a POSH pass for the day or the week will take a private glass elevator to enter this luxurious and exclusive outdoor entertainment complex styled with Mediterranean flare.

During the day, guests can lounge on white-cushioned day beds and in private cabanas and cool off in the 35-foot long cascading waterfall while the POSH VIP Host and crew cater to every whim.

At night, things heat up as POSH Beach Club becomes an open air night club, complete with VIP bottle service, while the DJ sets the vibe for the non-stop party. Four POSH experiences a day are delivered:

• Early Morning (6 to 9 am)– POSH Vive
    Guests awake to yoga classes and body-and-soul treatments in private cabanas as the sun rises and the day starts anew.
  • Morning (9 to Noon am) – POSH Rehab
    Guests can relax and recover from a night out with Salty Dogs, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas combined with chill out tunes.
  • Afternoon (Noon to 6 pm) – POSH Sol
    The best nightlife in the daytime with guests lounging on day beds, enjoying funky beach music and spiked POSH snow cones while chilling under a lit waterfall.
  • Evening (8 pm to whenever) – Pure POSH
    A pure, sizzling, sexy, nightlife experience where guests enjoy sparkling drinks and bottle service served on silver trays. Look out Vegas, the vibe here is hot -- guests can dance all night under the stars or lounge on a POSH bed.

With words such as "Posh Beach Club" and "Ibiza-inspired beach club", I hope the music will be different from what we usually hear on cruise ships. With an Ibiza-inspired beach club, one should expect some House Music and no line dancing :)

Here's some info on Spice H20. They do say there WILL be a cover, but I certainly hope that cover only applies to night, when it transforms into a "club scene". To have to "pay a cover" to sit by an adult-only pool would really tic me off.

But anyhoo, here's what I found about Spice H20:

The Spice H2O Club will have a cover charge, but this adults-only club at the aft of the ship near the pool, is open all day and night.

The Spice H2O Club, an adults-only complex located at the back of the ship on decks 15 and 16, features a huge LED screen displaying vibrant video images from charging bulls to flamenco dancers, and synchronized swimmers to tap dancing Geishas all combined with dynamic music to create a truly unique and sensory experience.

During the day, guests can soak up the sun in lounge beds around the pool while enjoying chill-out Asian tunes and Asian-inspired cuisine in Chinese to-go containers.

As the sun sets, Spice H20 is transformed to an Ibiza-inspired beach club with live entertainment and dinner served tableside or directly on beds. At night, the mood is red-hot with Latin mash-up vibes, dancing and unique entertainment atop the covered pool.

Spice H20 will serve up four spicy vibes per day:

• Morning (8 to 11 am)– Sunny Spice
    Spicy Bloody Mary's and Spicitinis combine with breakfast and relaxing tunes.
  • Afternoon (11 am to 4 pm) – Aqua Spice
    Guests enjoy the energy of the in-crowd as they sun the day away with Asian margaritas, bottle service and beers from around the world. Asian-inspired food is served in Chinese to-go containers.
  • Late afternoon/early evening (4 to 9 pm) – Sunset Spice
    A perfect sunset every day – either live or via the big screen. Live entertainment, flowing champagne and an eclectic menu that isn't available anywhere else on the ship. As the sun sets, it becomes a more intimate environment with Spanish guitars and red-hot dancers setting the vibe.
  • Evening (9 pm to whenever) – All Spice
    The entertainment is non-stop throughout the evening in this outdoor amphitheater. A visually captivating aerial ballet video comes to life as the pool floor rises and aerial performers mix dance moves with acrobatic choreography inside a metallic sphere to create a mesmerizing experience. Then guests can dance the night away on the covered pool.

Huh where did you find this? It's the first time I've heard that Spice will carry a cover. :confused:

Hope this link works: http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-latest/in-the-news/article/?jid=2

It also says that "Guests will be able to purchase a Beyond the Velvet Rope package to gain access to the exclusive clubs."

Be VERY VERY careful with old information. All of the above is from Jan 2008 when the ship was a few pieces of steel and before work was stopped and the design and concept reworked. Lots has changed. But even that release does not say a cover of Spice H20

That release talks about Halo the Uber Bar - It does not exist anymore.

Halo, the Über Bar - heavenly and very exclusive. Garden and Courtyard villa guests have exclusive VIP access to this Über Bar located at the top of the ship on the private deck 16. This Über Bar showcases the best of the best, from the best liquors around the world to the best art featured and available for purchase with jewelry-clad servers displaying the best jewelry onboard for purchase. LED screens, framed like masterpieces and placed strategically around the room, set the mood with video montages showing the best artwork, music videos, films, iconic images of celebrities, places, fashion and more. Private gaming tables, including baccarat and blackjack, add to the sexy style in this adult-only club.

Be VERY VERY careful with old information. All of the above is from Jan 2008 when the ship was a few pieces of steel and before work was stopped and the design and concept reworked. Lots has changed.

Halo, the Über Bar - heavenly and very exclusive. Garden and Courtyard villa guests have exclusive VIP access to this Über Bar located at the top of the ship on the private deck 16. This Über Bar showcases the best of the best, from the best liquors around the world to the best art featured and available for purchase with jewelry-clad servers displaying the best jewelry onboard for purchase. LED screens, framed like masterpieces and placed strategically around the room, set the mood with video montages showing the best artwork, music videos, films, iconic images of celebrities, places, fashion and more. Private gaming tables, including baccarat and blackjack, add to the sexy style in this adult-only club.

Sorry, my mistake. Please forget about the link.

Hope this link works: http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-latest/in-the-news/article/?jid=2

It also says that "Guests will be able to purchase a Beyond the Velvet Rope package to gain access to the exclusive clubs."

Well there's a couple of things regarding that article.

- It's from June 2008.

- Might not be accurate, the Halo bar had since been eliminated (or so it seems, it's not in any of NCL's literature nor the website anymore).

- The quote "Guests will be able to purchase a Beyond the Velvet Rope package to gain access to the exclusive clubs." seems to be misleading. Bliss is a free venue, but in that press release it was lumped in there.

- In that article, each of the clubs/bar that we now know for sure would carry a cover (that being Posh and the ice bar) actually stated that there's an extra charge in their respective section, and Spice's section doesn't, neither does Bliss (which we know will be free).

I think that press is quite outdated and isn't accurate. Don't forget that a lot of things had changed since June 2008; mainly Colin Veitch is gone (the original F3 was his idea), that the Epic had been redesign when Apollo took over because they didn't like all of Colin's ideas, and the costs and fees were nowhere closed be being finalized then.

So yeah, I wouldn't hold that press release as gospel now. :)

Be VERY VERY careful with old information. All of the above is from Jan 2008 when the ship was a few pieces of steel and before work was stopped and the design and concept reworked. Lots has changed.

Oops, you beat me to it lol. :D

well i feel bad now for posting old info. :o

i really really hope there is not a "cover" to go to the adults only pool!!!

I think we would still like to know where you found this sentence posted ?:confused:

I think we would still like to know where you found this sentence posted ?:confused:

i guess i got that from an old article as well. look at the sentence just above the picture of spice h20:

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegiancruiseline/ig/NCL-F3-Cruise-Ship/Spice-H20-Club-on-the-NCL-F3.-5Us.htm

i guess i got that from an old article as well. look at the sentence just above the picture of spice h20:

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegiancruiseline/ig/NCL-F3-Cruise-Ship/Spice-H20-Club-on-the-NCL-F3.-5Us.htm

I got it now not NCL information but rather what about.com assumed. Clearly they "enhanced" the press release ;)

I got it now not NCL information but rather what about.com assumed. Clearly they "enhanced" the press release ;)

Yeah that's more a problem with the source than time period.

The media had never been the most accurate way of gathering information. ;)

With words such as "Posh Beach Club" and "Ibiza-inspired beach club", I hope the music will be different from what we usually hear on cruise ships. With an Ibiza-inspired beach club, one should expect some House Music and no line dancing :)

Bless your heart! This is my thought EXACTLY! This club had better be hopping and it'd better have some kick-butt house music. If it's anything less it wouldn't be worth the cover. Most cruise lines, including most of NCL's DJs, couldn't spin a set of house music if they wanted to. DJ Jean is the ONLY DJ in the NCL fleet who has ever done that. She made the Norwegian Sky fun for me! :D

I can't imagine POSH doing the electric slide like they do every night in the disco on most other ships. I can't wait to see what the DJs are, if any, for headliners.

Bless your heart! This is my thought EXACTLY! This club had better be hopping and it'd better have some kick-butt house music. If it's anything less it wouldn't be worth the cover. Most cruise lines, including most of NCL's DJs, couldn't spin a set of house music if they wanted to. DJ Jean is the ONLY DJ in the NCL fleet who has ever done that. She made the Norwegian Sky fun for me! :D

I can't imagine POSH doing the electric slide like they do every night in the disco on most other ships. I can't wait to see what the DJs are, if any, for headliners.

Agreed!!!!! I would LOVE to hear some different music, fun music, dancing music, and NOT that horrid line-dancing crapola!!!! Every time I hear the Electric Slide I just cringe and picture a bunch of old ladies in baby blue polyester pants dancing like it's the coolest dance in the world! If POSH is supposed to be as cool as they make it sound, the old fuddy-duddy line dancers won't be anywhere around and that'll keep the dance floor open for some real partying!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Sounds like there are quite a few of us club-goers that are looking forward to this ship! I can't wait for it either! Where is that entertainment line-up and the prices? She's getting closer to completion! Next month (April) she should be nearly ready for hand-over. :) CAN'T WAIT! :D

I think you folks are focused on the wrong club. I can't see Posh being the place with kick-butt house music. It is outdoors and over the owners suites in the courtyard. I expect the vibe to be mellow at that club.

You have two spots with a better chance of finding what you want at night:

Bliss Ultra Lounge and Nightclub - Arouse your senses, day or night.

A light mist welcomes you as you enter into Bliss, as if to say, “You’ve just entered another realm. Welcome to the party.” Then suddenly the electrifying aura of this hip, high-energy ultra lounge literally surrounds you. Music videos playing on multiple plasma screens create a magical mood. High-voltage tunes make everyone want to get their groove on, where else, but on the dance floor. And, cozy, custom loungers are the perfect spot to cap off the evening with a cocktail.

or

Spice H20 - What an aft-pool never dared to be.

As the sun sets, Spice H2O transforms into an adults-only, sultry, steamy, Ibiza-inspired beach club. The entertainment is non-stop as the pool floor rises to become a dance floor. A giant screen projects hypnotic visuals under a starry sky. Aerial performers mix dance moves with acrobatic choreography. And you find yourself in the center of it all, delighted that you’re old enough not to have a curfew.

I think you folks are focused on the wrong club. I can't see Posh being the place with kick-butt house music. It is outdoors and over the owners suites in the courtyard. I expect the vibe to be mellow at that club.

You have two spots with a better chance of finding what you want at night:

Bliss Ultra Lounge and Nightclub - Arouse your senses, day or night.

A light mist welcomes you as you enter into Bliss, as if to say, “You’ve just entered another realm. Welcome to the party.” Then suddenly the electrifying aura of this hip, high-energy ultra lounge literally surrounds you. Music videos playing on multiple plasma screens create a magical mood. High-voltage tunes make everyone want to get their groove on, where else, but on the dance floor. And, cozy, custom loungers are the perfect spot to cap off the evening with a cocktail.

or

Spice H20 - What an aft-pool never dared to be.

As the sun sets, Spice H2O transforms into an adults-only, sultry, steamy, Ibiza-inspired beach club. The entertainment is non-stop as the pool floor rises to become a dance floor. A giant screen projects hypnotic visuals under a starry sky. Aerial performers mix dance moves with acrobatic choreography. And you find yourself in the center of it all, delighted that you’re old enough not to have a curfew.

I think you are right...but still picked a 16th floor CV just in case. Waiting for your return for ALL the info.:)

Archived