Bon Voyage Alcohol Price List 2-22-10

afcj1

I was really thinking about doing the Bon Voyage thing until I read here or elsewhere about our Texas deal about not being able to have it waiting in your cabin.

Just wondering about when you get it delivered if you sail out of Galveston, because if it's a day or two later on a a 5 day cruise that's a no go for me.:confused:

bump

Was this necessary?

I was really thinking about doing the Bon Voyage thing until I read here or elsewhere about our Texas deal about not being able to have it waiting in your cabin.

Just wondering about when you get it delivered if you sail out of Galveston, because if it's a day or two later on a a 5 day cruise that's a no go for me.:confused:

What Texas deal are you talking about? I've never heard of this.

Was this necessary?

What Texas deal are you talking about? I've never heard of this.

Something to do with the TABC rules that doesn't happen in ports in other states. Knowing what I do about drinking laws in Texas this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Similar to not being to gamble until you're out to sea but this would be alcohol related.

Not saying it's true, just looking for quick info before I bother to call Bon Voyage which, of course, would probably be the final answer.

Something to do with the TABC rules that doesn't happen in ports in other states. Knowing what I do about drinking laws in Texas this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Similar to not being to gamble until you're out to sea but this would be alcohol related.

Not saying it's true, just looking for quick info before I bother to call Bon Voyage which, of course, would probably be the final answer.

TABC laws are pretty screwy at times, no doubt.

I'm pretty sure that people have posted on here about having the bottles ready for them in their room at embarkation...you just have to pay sales tax.

TABC laws are pretty screwy at times, no doubt.

I'm pretty sure that people have posted on here about having the bottles ready for them in their room at embarkation...you just have to pay sales tax.

Oh yeah, I've heard about the waiting bottles but it was some recent post regarding the "Texas delay" thing. Actually the poster said something about a Sunday departure, Conquest, and not getting his/her hootch until like Tues..

I'll have to check around on this thing. Thanks

From the Carnival Website :

Note! Please note, due to restrictions with "Alabama and Texas Liquor Laws"

We are unable to deliver select gift items at Embarkation. Some items are delivered the following day.

Regards

John

Let's see.....$65 for a bottle of Jack through Bon Voyage, and less than half that from the liquor store down the street ... guess who'd get my $$ on that one.....

I don't think anyone would disagree...but with all of the hype about Carnival stepping up their quest to find smugglers, buying from BV is at least a "sure thing" to having some liquor in tyour room and saving a few $$.

They were! You snooze, you lose...prices went up. I asked the same thing, because I ordered a few. Oh well.

Just got quoted $55 for Jack Daniels.

On another related note, these same bottles are available (apparently) at the same prices from room service on the ship. I confirmed with room service when I was just on the Glory.

Host Mach checked and it is supposedly available on all ships.

Save the tax, but you'll need to tip!

• 1 month later...

I just called BV a few minutes ago to order some rum for my upcoming May 29 cruise on the Liberty. The price for Captain Morgan seems to have gone up to $55. Just wanted to let everyone know in case that's one that you want. Also, Bacardi was no longer listed as an option. Could have just been my experience... I was still able to get Appleton's for $40. I'm not sure if any other changes have been made since I only asked about rum.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if they still do the DOD cards? We've done that on our last 2 cruises, and it was about $26 (including tips) for 5 drinks of the day, which seems like a pretty good deal to me because I like the frozen drinks more than mixed drinks (so no need to smuggle or buy bottles of liquor from BV). Plus, I get the plastic cups to give to my coworkers as souvenirs because, yes, I am really that cheap. :p

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95

Corona – 330ML - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Are these beers prices through BV only? Anyone know the limits you can order?

And are these similar in price to the regular price you'll pay during the cruise? Ok, yes, I'm trying ask what is a beer gonna cost me? :p

Are these beers prices through BV only? Anyone know the limits you can order?

And are these similar in price to the regular price you'll pay during the cruise? Ok, yes, I'm trying ask what is a beer gonna cost me? :p

Ignore me... answered my own question with a quick call. Beer and wine prices through BV are the same as onboard. Bottles of liquor are the only items you can't order once you sail. (That's probably covered in this thread someplace.) someplace. Btw, prices have gone but they also told me they are Liter bottles not the normal 750ml bottles you buy in liquor store.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the updated information! My question is, how much are mixed drinks on the boat and do they have rail or generic liquor to order on board.

I know it's cheaper to buy a bottle vs. single drinks, but 40 bucks for a bottle of Captain vs. 14 bucks at the liquor is hard to swallow.

Archived