Bon Voyage Alcohol Price List 2-22-10

afcj1

Since the prices went up on the liquor you can purchase before you get onboard, is it correct in thinking that the beer drink prices went up at the onboard bars?

I would order the beer if it was a significant savings but if not, I'll just purchase on board.

I may though try to bring my rum, not sure.

If I filled my carryon with beer and rum and water (small rolling suitcase) can I take it onboard with me without any problems?

Thank you.

Since the prices went up on the liquor you can purchase before you get onboard, is it correct in thinking that the beer drink prices went up at the onboard bars?

I would order the beer if it was a significant savings but if not, I'll just purchase on board.

If I filled my carryon with beer and rum and water (small rolling suitcase) can I take it onboard with me without any problems?

Thank you.

With the exception of 1 bottle of wine pp, ALL other alcohol in your carry on, if detected, will be disposed of or you'll need to drop it off in your car if you drove. If you're going to try to "smuggle" your beer and rum, I'd suggest that you check your bag with the porter.

Some of us like to enjoy a refreshing gin and tonic (extra lime!) in the summertime. Do they have a selection of gin as well? And would RS have tonic and lime available? I'd hate to bring the entire bar setup on board!

I just called and reserved some gin. Beefeater: $40, Bombay Saphire: $55, Slow Gin : $40.

That really isn't that bad when you think about it. Where we live a 750ml bottle of Beefeater is about 20 bucks. This is a liter, so figure $25 woth of gin. When you figure in the fact that you don't have to add a liter in weight to your baggage for the flight and shlep it around for two days, this Bon Voyage option is a pretty good deal. Why don't they advertise for this? I had not seen it posted anywhere on the web site, this thread has been better publicity then anything else!

I just called and reserved some gin. Beefeater: $40, Bombay Saphire: $55, Slow Gin : $40.

That really isn't that bad when you think about it. Where we live a 750ml bottle of Beefeater is about 20 bucks. This is a liter, so figure $25 woth of gin. When you figure in the fact that you don't have to add a liter in weight to your baggage for the flight and shlep it around for two days, this Bon Voyage option is a pretty good deal. Why don't they advertise for this? I had not seen it posted anywhere on the web site, this thread has been better publicity then anything else!

Thanks for checking out the gin prices, elcuhio24! I agree with your reasoning. $40 for a bottle of gin for the two of us to enjoy a cocktail each day over a six day vacation is a pretty good value!

quote]

Thanks for getting those prices. I've added them to the "master" list. Somebody asked about Brandy too, but I've been to busy at work to call. Darn job!!:D

Those beer prices are the same as you would pay at the bar??:rolleyes: I thought I saw in another thread that the 16oz Buds were $4.75 plus tax.

No way, some restaurants here may charge 4.75 for a beer, the bars are from 2.50- 3.00. and let's face it the dinning room on a ship may qualify as a 4 or 5 star restaurant, but Lido dang sure doesn't.

the prices on all the alcohol has just increased. I'm thinking the hike in prices and the crack down on smuggling go hand in hand.

those prices are common through out the ship.

Thank you.

You probably wouldn't have much luck in the carry on and only slightly better with checked bags.

Let me get this straight, so Bon Voyage is a way to order a bottle before a cruise that you can legally have in your stateroom? Who/where do i contact to order this? I do not see anything about it on carnival's website

Check the orginal post. There is a phone number at the beginning. I asked when you could order it and it was suggested about a week before. Just call the number and it will be delivered.

jagermeister is not really an after dinner drink. No wonder people smuggle so much.

It's a after dinner drink at heart. I used to do a shot of jager every night with german friends in Germany right after dinner. Now what it has become in the US is something entirely different, but it's an after dinner drink. German's insist it helps the food digest.

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95

Corona – 330ML - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

In my capers from January, they advertise a Bucket of Beer special.

"Import & 16 oz domestic - 4 in bucket only $21.00. Available only at the Pool Bar, Poseidon Bar, Sports Bar of the day".

I haven't quite figured out if this is a deal or not over BV. The Bon Voyage prices have the gratuity built in. Your $21 bucket of beer is going to come with an added $3.15 gratuity making each beer about $6. The bucket is probably a deal over bar prices but it looks like BV might still be slightly cheaper than the bucket when you account for the gratuity.

hb5

Let me get this straight, so Bon Voyage is a way to order a bottle before a cruise that you can legally have in your stateroom? Who/where do i contact to order this? I do not see anything about it on carnival's website

800-522-7648, see the great price list that started this thread. Just call and tell them you want a bottle(s) delivered to your stateroom. They will give you a run down of prices for each liquor. The guy I talked to said "sure thing, you sure you don't want to order any other kinds of liquor? How about mixers?". Make sure to have your booking number and they will reserve it, have it delivered to your room on embarcation day, and charge your credit card. I have no idea why Carnival does not advertise this more. Maybe they are worried about less bar revenue. But I have always smuggled in the past, but come on, for an extra 10-15 bucks a bottle you can do it legal and not have to worry about carrying it around and maybe having it confiscated! That is worth it to me.

Bon Voyage – 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

**Disclaimer** All prices and brands are subject to change

If I recall correctly, beer from the mini fridge was cheaper than beer from the bars. Has anyone done the math on just buying the beer from the fridge versus buying it from Bon Voyage?

I know someone has a pic of the mini fridge price list. Could it be re-posted?

Archived