Wwyd??

pisces0318

We are about to make final payment today!

Traveling with my hubby and two active little boys (5 and 3).

We are booked in an AG mini suite.

For $440 LESS we can just go with the traditional balcony (pay for CC and upgrade to BC).

I'm so torn. They tell me the difference in cabins is 63 square feet, a tub and privacy curtain.

HELP!!!!

Hummmm--the mini suite is nice especially with kids because you can close the curtain.

Do the boys prefer to take baths, or showers?

$440 is a lot though. Where are you going and for how long?

Has the price of the mini gone down too?

I would call my TA and see what I could negotiate....

I have stayed in both and lean towards the mini with the kids.

For $440 LESS we can just go with the traditional balcony (pay for CC and upgrade to BC).

I'm so torn. They tell me the difference in cabins is 63 square feet, a tub and privacy curtain.

HELP!!!!

Personally, I like the privacy curtain and think it is worth paying more for. 63 sq ft. make a difference when you look at how little sq ft you actually have. Think of it on a percentage basis.

How long is your cruise? If it is a short one, it may not matter to you. I'm sure others will weigh in, but this is a personal call. If you go with the CC I'm sure it will be fine. Afterall, you're on a cruise!!!!!:cool:

If it were ME I would save the money. BUT it just depends on how much you will miss that tub and privacy curtain. If a tub is important for bathing the boys and will make your trip easier, then perhaps go for it. But I, personally, would use the saved money for other fun stuff - like excursions.

HELP!!!!

stay with the AG

You could survive in the balcony, or even the oceanview and use the money for other things. All comes down to where you want to spend the money.

By the way, just my opinion, but traveling off to Orlando from the coast makes for a very long day for adults and kids. But, Seaworld is much easier to do than the big parks which is crazy for one day.

The NASA trip to Kennedy Space Center is WELL WORTH it, and even closer. Your boys will love it! I would sugges you rent a car and go that way, not through a cruise ship tour. It is very easy to get to Kennedy Space Center off of I95.

We are sailing on the Jewel on 5/8 out of NYC for 7 days. I am thinking I can do SeaWorld or NASA with the money I would save.

We're on the same sailing - please feel free to stop by our roll call. :)

I'd probably go for the balcony & use the extra $$ elsewhere.

Before you make your decision, you should call and check on the capacity of the balcony cabin. MOST of them are designated for three people...and NCL will NOT make exceptions to that.

There are a small number that can hold four...you want to verify that this is what you will be getting.

Okay- we booked the balcony. When I first made the reservation it was only a $175 difference between the balcony and mini so I reserved the mini, but now that they have this new upgrade offer (pay for CC and upgrade to BC) I can't pass up the $440 savings.

We'll use it to go to SeaWorld....in fact I am heading there to book it now. :)

Thanks for your help!!!

SeaWorld can be a lot of fun. But keep in mind its at least an hour trip from the Port to SeaWorld. That's 2 hours in a bus. Once you get there you'll be spending time in lines for the major attractions. Probably better ways to spend your limited time.

The Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center is at most 20 minutes from the Port and lines aren't as much of a factor.

As someone mentioned, it would be very easy to do the Space Center on your own by renting a car or arranging transportation ahead of time.

Archived