Additional tip question

extcat

Do the MDR servers and cabin stewards expect additional tips as a rule or are they happy to get the auto tips? Last year our server in dining room hinted around on how many people stiff them and how hard they work. That was our third cruise and our worse servers we encountered. Fresh cracked pepper was out of the question with them. Needless to say we did not tip additional to them , actually on the last night we went to supper club as that was only night open when we inquired. Other than that we have always tipped extra.

Do the MDR servers and cabin stewards expect additional tips as a rule or are they happy to get the auto tips? Last year our server in dining room hinted around on how many people stiff them and how hard they work. That was our third cruise and our worse servers we encountered. Fresh cracked pepper was out of the question with them. Needless to say we did not tip additional to them , actually on the last night we went to supper club as that was only night open when we inquired. Other than that we have always tipped extra.

No, its up to you..12 cruises and I have never had any staff member even mention tips.

I just read that as he hopes EVERYONE tips at the suggested rate.

I will NOT, however, overtip because someone else is stiffing him.

If they were as bad as your saying, I would tip on their service, and potentially undertip them for two reasons, up from one.

Remember: Each week, they get to practice how to get as much money out of YOUR wallet, and into theirs. If it's their experience that their sob story gets you to fork over more dough, they will only continue to do such, possibly more aggressively.

Hopefully, it's just on GREAT service.

Archived