Hey Gang, just got off the Inspiration

Mr. Y

Hey gang,

Had a wonderful time sailing the Inspiration. The weather was good, especially in Cozumel. For the excursion, rented a boat for snorkeling. The boat can be troublesome for a few, a couple of my hosses got sick at sea, so it was a struggle for some but many had a good time.

The post-dinner entertainment was sub-par. The piano bar didn't have much life to it and the karaoke entertainment was not that great. My hosses were unable to sing a song. On the other hand, the nightclub bar had a lot of activity until about 4 AM and was the best option to meet some people.

The food was up and down. The lobster was good, but the chef mailed it in on Saturday night and the food was not great. On the last night, one of my hosses found hair in his food. This was pointed out to the maitre d, a guy name Joseph, who completely ignored the hair stuck in the middle of the salmon. Also, watch for the pizza bar, especially late at night. The pizza isn't well cooked and a couple of my hosses backed up a couple of toilets because of this problem.

The poolside entertainment was good, especially the Carnival activity that asked women to take off their bikini tops. Let's just say if you were in the hottub at this time, things got pretty interesting.

Lastly, there was a lot of talk about this guy name Rick Larrimore. He cover Rod Stewart's songs and he was always attracting a crowd where he went. The guy has a big following and he is the life of the party.

All in all, it was a great time.

Thanks, Gang.

A couple of answers. A lot of hook-ups on the ship. There was a group of a lot of lot middle-aged women that were ready to go to work. Second, my hosses and I had the 8:15 dinner and by the time my hosses and I got over to karaoke the wait was about 10 songs. Also, the piano bar was not good. I heard on a lot of other ship the piano bar is the place to go but not with the guy they had there this time.

Like I said before, the dining room experience was lackluster. You never want to find hair in your salmon.

Nobody spent any time in a Cozumel jail.

If you have any questions shoot away, The gang on the board was a great help and I want to return the favor.

Will be sailing the Inspiration on 3/27. I was wondering why your friends were unable to Karaoke? I also wanted to know if anyone knew how long the Rod Stewart cover band will be on the ship?

You're talking about Rick Larrimore. I was told he was doing his own thing and wasn't affiliated with Carnival. Yet, the guy was all over the place. He had his own show Friday and Sunday afternoon. Then played with the Carnival band on the lido deck on Saturday night. The guy can also party. He was spotted at the nightclub licking a woman's neck.

I sailed the Inspiration in January with my husband and friends! We had a great time!!!!

I don't think I will ever sail again in January though, not really that warm out, WELL it was a lot warmer than where I live though!!!!

So sorry to hear about the hair in your food!!!! :( We did not have Joseph we had George the Greek!!! LOVED him!!!

I have to say WE loved our food, thought it was better than the Freedom! LOBSTER was the BEST!!!!! Love that they do that on a 5 night cruise!!!!!

We LOVED the Pizza sorry you did not like it! Also thought that was better on the Inspiration than the Freedom!!!

NOW the only down fall I think there is on the Inspiration is there is not enough deck space at all!!!!!!! I always felt crowded outside! Did not feel that inside just outside!!!! One pool is NOT enough for over 2,000 people!!!!! I would of sat out in the sun where the waterslide is but the music is where the pool is!

BESIDES the small outside area, The Inspiration was GREAT!!!!! Great Jazz music in the bar next to the disco was awesom especially the Formal night!!!! The promenade deck is a lot of fun, love the set up on the ship easy to get to things! The food all around I thought was really good, breakfast and lunch buffet!

Hi! Welcome home! Hope you don't mind if I bombard you with some questions:

• Were the water slides and other water features operating?
  • Did you experience the Serenity area?
  • What about the laser tag?
  • Where was your cabin located? Thoughts on the location?
  • Which dining room were you in?

Thanks!

Lady Jag - HI we were in the Serenity area all the time!!!!! We did not bring our kids on our trip so we wanted to hang with adults!!!! It can get crowded at times you might have a hard time getting a good seat!!!!!! That was the down fall of it! GREAT place to hang out! Love the Aft view!

Lady Jag - HI we were in the Serenity area all the time!!!!! We did not bring our kids on our trip so we wanted to hang with adults!!!! It can get crowded at times you might have a hard time getting a good seat!!!!!! That was the down fall of it! GREAT place to hang out! Love the Aft view!

Thanks! I wondered if it was very crowded. I plan on "sneaking" over to that area at some point next month while hubby and the little one play on the slides. :D

Hey Gang,

The hot tub is always crowded, unless the weather gets bad. About the women taking off their bikini tops in the hot tub, that was part of a Carnival contest. It was some sort of a scavenger hunt and one of the items was finding a bikini top. It just so happened, that two very good women decided to give up their tops for someone participating in the game. It was a quite a show.

Archived