Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean Cruise

ifuwill

Hi all. We are planning our 3rd Princess cruise in a few months and just wondering if anyone has completed the St. Thomas/St. Marten cruise.

What did you think about it? I wanted to do the Honduras/Cozumel but got out voted.

Also... does the Emerald Princess allow jogging during the day?

The Sapphire Princess doesn't because it bothers the people in the SPA below the track. (very dissapointed to discover this when we tried to jog the first day).

We had a great time on the Emerald in Oct. Booked private tours. In

St. Marteen we used Bernard tours and in St. Thomas Sunnyliston or (Sonnyliston.com) I might have them reverse. Very reasonable and a great time. Enjoy yourself!!!

Cathy

We were on the Emerald in November and had a great time. In St. Martin, we took a cab to Orient Beach. A friend of ours was staying there for a week, so it was nice to be able to visit him--plus a beautiful beach. In St. Thomas, we walked to Emerald Beach. It's about 25 minutes from the dock area. At both beaches you can rent chairs. There are also places to buy food and drink. We just bring along our water bottles and try to eat a large breakfast so we don't have to spend any extra money.

We took one excursion through Princess in Grand Turk. It was snorkeling. The guides were very good, but the snorkeling was not exceptional. If we ever go there again, I'd probably just make it another beach day. And there is a beach right at the dock with plenty of free chairs.

On Emerald Princess C301 - C304 are the best balcony rooms. The balconies are larger on the Caribbe deck and 301 - 304 are handicapped rooms so they are a little wider than the other staterooms. All the balconies on the Caribbe deck had 1/2 of it covered and they seemed twice as deep as the other decks. We had C303 and was thrilled with it. Not much shelf space in the bathroom and the shower is different but once I got used to it I loved it. Lots of room.

Choosing cabins right now, so I think I will see whats left on caribe deck. Trying to coordinate 2 interiors and a balcony near each other. I found a web site travel agency with better prices than Princess but not every cabin listed so it taking me time to select. Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

I know I need to quit comparing, but... My DH and I have a mini-suite Emerald deck. I've read that the balconies on the Caribe are much bigger and still private, but the room size is smaller. Would it be a mistake to change? The price difference is about $250 (for both of us) and he thinks we should just keep the mini-suite. Any opinions, advice? Am I thinking too much? :o

I know I need to quit comparing, but... My DH and I have a mini-suite Emerald deck. I've read that the balconies on the Caribe are much bigger and still private, but the room size is smaller. Would it be a mistake to change? The price difference is about $250 (for both of us) and he thinks we should just keep the mini-suite. Any opinions, advice? Am I thinking too much? :o

Although switching to a balcony cabin on Caribe deck will give you a larger balcony (9 ft X 9 ft instead of the 9 X 7 in the minis), if you switch, you will be giving up a full bath with tub shower combination (which the balcony cabins do not have, they have a very small bathroom with tiny shower only). Also, your mini will give you a sitting area with sofa and chair, where as the balcony cabins are more or less just a small bedroom with a desk chair and often one barrel type chair.

Personally, for a few extra feet of balcony space, it would not be worth the switch for me. ;)

Archived