Over the door shoe hanger

mom2jax

I found them last month at Dollar Tree by me. They were in the "hardware" section (by the screws etc), not in the bathroom stuff aisle. had to hunt a bit but did find them.

Thanks!! I looked at our Dollar Tree last weekend and couldn't find them... but I was looking in the bathroom section since this is where I found one last year. Will check the hardware section!!

I've also seen them at Walgreens.... a little more than $1 (for what looked like about the same thing).... but they were only about $4 if I remember correctly.

I was curious about this, too.

Toiletries?

You use it for toiletries, hair products, make up, etc. This worked out great for us... when someone was in the shower, someone else would be getting ready in the cabin.

What do you use these for???

Everything! We put dry swimsuit in the pockets, hair accessories, the kids socks, sunglasses. It works great for all of those "loose/little" items that tend to get lost in the cabin. We also specify one of the pockets for the cabin cards.

It works best for us if we hang it on the outside of one of the closet doors, so that it is always accessible, even if someone is in the bathroom.

We love the over-the-door holders so much, that I actually bought one for each of the kids rooms. It hang on the inside of their closet door, and helps store socks, undies, and swimsuits.

CeleBrat

Yes you can hang it on the inside of your closet door, that's what we did on our last cruise and it worked great! In fact it worked so well that I brought a second one that was slightly smaller and hung it on the inside of the bathroom door for hairspray, make up, curling iron, anti nausea meds, pain releivers, hair mousse, hair gel, brushes, combs, etc. Everything was in clear pockets where I could see them without searching and it left the counters free of clutter.:)

I like to put my larger items in the bigger one in the closet. We never lose the kids sandals, swimsuits, toys, s&s cards, etc. On our first cruise without the over the door shoe thing we spent way too much time looking for the kids lost sandals, s&s cards, and other stuff. Now when they enter the cabin they know to stuff their things into the pockets so we aren't late to dinner anymore looking for much needed lost items. ;)

At the DollarTree in my area they have OTD shoe holders & OThangar 'stuff' holders in the area where the closet/travel things are.

The OTD shoe holder had fabric pockets and the OTHangar one had six clear pockets.

We picked up a few at Dollar Tree they are smaller and one big one at target for 9.99. The dollar ones are a much better deal if you can find it!! Check all the dollar stores in your area because Ive found each carries different items.

I bought one for my trip to Disney last year, but that was more of a hassle than a benefit. I used it but the door would not shut or stay open properly. I tried it every way I could think of. I hope it work better on the ship!

• 3 months later...
I bought one for my trip to Disney last year, but that was more of a hassle than a benefit. I used it but the door would not shut or stay open properly. I tried it every way I could think of. I hope it work better on the ship!

I had the same problem when we went to Disney. What I did was hung it by the hooks that are used to hang it up on the door on a regular hanger and then hung the hanger on the hook they had for the robes. And then it was too long, so I took the last row and just used 2 med binder clips to prevent it from dragging.

It was such a life saver to have the sink clutter-free and everything was so nicely organized and visible.

I carry make-up in a small 3-drawer "sterlite" thing....Wal-mart carries them....that way, everything is in a little box...no muss no fuss. I use it at home, so when I travel, I pick it up, and go....no forgetting a makeup item....and it's all in the same place that I'm used to at home!

Most bathrooms have lots of hidey-hole shelves, so you don't need everything on the counter!

I actually brought two for our Spirit cruise, we fit one on the outside of the bathroom door for non-bathroom stuff (cameras, sunscreen etc) and the second hung beautifully on the shower door for all of the toiletries and laundry related stuff. We had two adults and two pre-teens in a small inside room and they were an absolute lifesaver, and frankly, at $14 each at bed bath and beyond, they were TOTALLY worth three pool side drinks, lol

Everything! We put dry swimsuit in the pockets, hair accessories, the kids socks, sunglasses. It works great for all of those "loose/little" items that tend to get lost in the cabin. We also specify one of the pockets for the cabin cards.

It works best for us if we hang it on the outside of one of the closet doors, so that it is always accessible, even if someone is in the bathroom.

We love the over-the-door holders so much, that I actually bought one for each of the kids rooms. It hang on the inside of their closet door, and helps store socks, undies, and swimsuits.

CeleBrat

We use them on the the back our daughters' door for their Webkinz...easily accessible and off of their floor;)

Archived