Azura

jane646

:mad:I've heard that P&O actually don't invite the Officers who worked on the Azura to the Naming Cermony, I gather the same happened on the Ventura etc. Its not all about marketing but being proud of what you have achieved and very demoralising for those persons. Is this what happens when all new ships are Named?

I used to be the engineering design manager for the P&O /Princess ships and the only time I was invited to the naming ceremonies after working on the design and build for up to 5 years was when I was in charge of setting up the bottle smashing rig which I can assure you is the most stressfull job I have ever had the misfortune to do, especially when a member of the Royal family was naming the ship!:eek: VIPs and TAs always got priority. In the project management field it is # 7 in the steps of managing a project , " the exaltation of the non participants!"

Dear Mr G Ball,

Thank you for your recent email and your interest in Azura.

As I am sure you will appreciate Azura has generated a great deal and interest, and whilst we would sincerely like to, it is just not possible to invite everyone to see the ship during this inaugural period. We have therefore taken the decision to prioritise invites to our most travelled passengers.

As a result, whilst I have checked our records and seen that you have travelled many times with P&O Cruises over the years, I regret that we are not able to extend an invite to you on this occasion. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this may bring, but do hope you will appreciate our reasoning.

Thank you once again for your interest in Azura and your support of P&O Cruises.

Yours sincerely,

Azura Events Team

P&O Cruises

Well I can be bothered. And why not? Better than sitting at home watching Dancing on Ice! Life is for living, and if invited grasp the once in a lifetime opportunity with both hands.;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the brand new ship and taking photos of it, the Champagne Reception, seeing Darcey Bussell crack the Champagne and name the ship, a gala Black, Gold and White dinner, live entertainment, overnight in a brand new cabin, and breakfast in the morning...perhaps rubbing shoulders with VIP's and Celebrities, Oh yes, I'd rather be at home!:rolleyes:

Well I can be bothered. And why not? Better than sitting at home watching Dancing on Ice! Life is for living, and if invited grasp the once in a lifetime opportunity with both hands.;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the brand new ship and taking photos of it, the Champagne Reception, seeing Darcey Bussell crack the Champagne and name the ship, a gala Black, Gold and White dinner, live entertainment, overnight in a brand new cabin, and breakfast in the morning...perhaps rubbing shoulders with VIP's and Celebrities, Oh yes, I'd rather be at home!:rolleyes:

AND your invite is well deserved!...still waiting....

I am with you LibraLass ... I had flights booked to get there before they would have received the RSVP. Really looking foward to this once-in-a-lifetime event.

Congratulations by the way Ken on your well deserved invitation.

I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to go, whilst I have reservations over the selection method it is undoubtedly a step forward inviting "ordinary" people to this sort of thing.

JohntheDog

I know you are from Hants, just thought I'd mention this, and can't pm you.....found out today our 'cheeky chappy delivery driver for UPS, is Frankie Bennett, do you know of him? He was a Pro Football player for among others Southampton and our BristolRovers:)

JohntheDog

I know you are from Hants, just thought I'd mention this, and can't pm you.....found out today our 'cheeky chappy delivery driver for UPS, is Frankie Bennett, do you know of him? He was a Pro Football player for among others Southampton and our BristolRovers:)

Doesn't ring a bell Sue.

No idea if there will be some guides to show us around.... Its going to be quite hectic, check-in opens at 3pm, so by the time we get onboard it will be 3.30-4pm, i hope we can go straight to our cabin, and dump our overnight case. Then I will try and scoot round and take some photos to share with you on here.

Then it will be back to the cabin to change, as we have a meet up arranged at 6.30pm, champagne reception at 7.15 then the naming ceremony at 8pm... i watched the Ventura one live on the web, I expect there will be a live link so watch out for that. Dinner is at 9pm, so between 7.45pm and 9pm no doubt some fireworks and a live band or two.

Archived