What have you forgotten or left ON the ship?

sassystyxfan

Susan, That's a great cruise itenerary you are on. Alaska/West Coast - right? I love that cruise. There may still be salmon spawning in Ketchikan that you can see at Creek Street going upstream. I saw 10-12 Orcas at Ketchikan in the channel this May and caught up with 4 of them (2 adult, 2 young) in a small boat. They would surface within 10 yards of us at times as we sat with motor off waiting for them. One of my pictures of two Orcas was Cruise Critic picture of the week a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great cruise.

I have done this more than once, and in hotels as well as cruise ships--leave my magnetic makeup mirror firmly attached the the bathroom mirror.

You mean you actually packed the bathroom mirror in your suitcase :confused: I'll bet that really surprised some airline baggage inspector. ;)

You mean you actually packed the bathroom mirror in your suitcase :confused: I'll bet that really surprised some airline baggage inspector. ;)

Huh? I was speaking of the type of magnifying mirror that is about 8" in diameter that has little suction cups on the back so you can affix it to the regular mirror when applying make-up.

• 4 months later...

I left my WINTER coat. We fly out the night before a cruise, and in the hotel, I pack my coat in a plastic bag and get the air out of it. When we get on the cruise ship, I put it up by the life jackets. We have been on 36 cruises, and for most of them, this is what I have done. Well needless to say, 2 years ago, I thought DH checked up there and he thought I did, and neither of us did. I had to get a new Winter coat that folds up to nothing. But we now still put it in a plastic bag, but we put it on the floor of the closet. Going home and flying into Chicago was really cold that Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed just after an Alaskan cruise. I kept having trouble with the head of the bed it just didn't feel right. DH did some digging around and found a womans dress sweater between the mattress and the head of the bed. What's really weird is that the room steward moved the beds for us a week before we found the sweater!

• 2 weeks later...

We always leave the paper back books we bring along to read during the cruise and give them to our room steward. On a cruise a long time ago, we saw our room steward in one of the ports buying soap and shampoo in one of the local shops -- very expensive compared to what we buy them for in Walmart. Ever since, I always pack a couple bars of soap and shampoo/conditioner and leave it for the room steward. I just tell him/her that I have bought too many souveniers and have no room left in my luggage.

Unfortunately on our last cruise on the NOS, we lost/left one of our brand new memory sticks for our digital camera. We didn't even realize we didn't have it until we got back home and was looking for other pictures and realized it was missing. It never did turn up...we had kept it in the safe on the ship...guess whoever got our room next made off with a brand new $80 memory stick. :(

• 3 weeks later...
I forgot my 'special pillow' on the ship and after we'd disembarked and were about to get in a taxi, I remembered. I ran back on the ship, not stopping for security or anyone else asking me what was up....i got back to my stateroom just in the nick of time. A room steward (not ours) was about to toss it in the trash!!! I yanked it from him and ran back out

Good for you and quite brave considering all the security these days. Luckly I've never left anything on board. Even on our last cruise where we got 15 assorted souvenier glasses.

This one isn't on a cruise but it has to do with traveling on vacation. I was with my dad, stepmom, and step brother. We were at the airport basically stripping down to our underwear and dumping everything out to get through security at the terminal. As most of you know to get through the metal detector you have to have your boarding pass. Well my step brother had this boarding pass when we first got in line but by the time he got to the security it was gone. Lucky for us they were switching ppl out so they closed the line we were in and my step mom spent the next twenty minutes screaming at him to find it and telling my dad that he needs to go get him another one. So after enough stress, anger and frustration they decided to go over one more time who has what in their possestion. My dad had his stuff, I had mine, my step bro had has id but no pass and low and be hold in my stepmom's hands was her boarding pass and his. The security guys laughed at us and it is something we never let her live down because the whole time she was shaking the pass at him telling him he needs to not loose stuff. But to this day no one is really sure how it got in her hands.

In 1990 on our first cruise..our oldest daughter was five..She brought her two favorite stuffed critters..Boo Boo and Theo...she slept with them every night..The room steward would pose them cute every day and give them cookies etc...well when we got home..only Boo Boo was in the bag..My husband called and called..and even went back down a few weeks later to look through lost and found..but no Theo.DD is now twenty and still has Boo Boo on her bed in her Apartment..and she looks for Theo on Ebay. Convinced he is still out there..lol. We now check every nook and craney of every ship or hotel that we stay in. Have not lost anything since!:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Husband left 1 dress shoe.....

Once we got home he kept looking every now and then in our bedroom closet, like maybe one day the matching shoe would just reappear.....

There is actually an organization that accepts new & newer single shoes. They give them to amputees and others who only need the one shoe. If you google "One Shoe" you can find out where to send those single shoes you return with.

I carried on a large bottle of vanilla creamer onto the Glory. While in line I it spilled (bc I opened it to use at hotel that morning) several times and it was all over everything in my purse and sticky!

So the final night came before our debarkation and while packing I came across the tote bag I used the morning I got on (I had threw it on top shelf of closet) and had decided it was gross and sticky and now dried hard and that I was just going to leave it in the trash and not even bring it home. I emptied it of all the stuff I was keeping and discarded the bag and contents as one into the trash. And the next morning we left for home.

Well, little did I realize that 2 weeks after our cruise, I would recieve an envelope in the mail from Carnival addressed to me. When I opened it, I found a letter that read that they had found a necklace in my stateroom after my departure and was returning it. It was not just necklace, this was an 18K chain and cartushem (sp?) with my name on it that was purchased by my mother in Eygpt for me for Mother's Day about 13 years ago.

I had forgot to pack it in the jewerly case so I put it inside my sun glass clothed case before we left the house that morning of embarkation. I never opened that case the whole cruise after the bag got soaked with creamer so I never remembered that my necklace was in there until it came back to me in the mail.

The room steward must have went thru the purse piece by piece to have found that necklace and then turned it into authorities to track my address down and have it sent back to me! He could have just as easily kept it and gotten good money for 18k gold but returned to me instead.

I went the extra lengthes it took me to find him again and send him $100 for the return of my good luck necklace.

Your story about your discarded tote bag reminded me.........several years ago I cruised with my 3 sisters and a large group from our home town. We had ridden to FL on a chartered bus and we had taken along a small cooler for the ride down.......it was totally crappy, my kids had used it all summer for taking their lunches to summer camp - gross! We didn't use it on the ship, but had it with us since we couldn't leave it on the bus. After we got off the ship, in the chaos of trying to find our luggage, I purposely did not go looking for it. It was hot, crowded, everyone was in a rush to get to our bus. Lo and behold, two weeks later, here came my crappy cooler in the mail........evidently it had had a luggage ID tag on it...........and THEY CHARGED ME $25 FOR THE POSTAGE TO SEND IT BACK!!!!:eek: It was so ridiculous I had to laugh!!!

Really embarrasing story is I left the brand new victoria secret bra I had just bought. It was never found I had left it in a towel and the attendant took it away. We looked and looked and he finally called me back to tell me he couldn't find it in the laundry, the funny thing was he forgot to hang up on the phone so after the message there is a lot of laughing and a jamacian accent saying hey guys she lost her bra she lost her bra. I still am laughing 6 months later, i lost my bra but have a memory to last a lifetime

John,

Please go on the Sovereign of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.

When you return I'll meet you at the pier to collect my Olympus C5050Z camera with IGB Professional Compact Flash card (not to mention the one of a lifetime pictures taken at Atlantis at night) and my wife's gold manta ray earrings.

Guess we had *too* much fun the last night.

...there were some "racy" pictures from Quest, too... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived