Pride Legend scooter users

kewbrook

I searched these threads on the disabled board and I have a question re scooters. I did see that a few years ago Arwenmark bought a Pride Legend scooter and what I want to know is if any of you Legend users are happy with it. I have found a used one at an inexpensive price.

These boards have been very informative re scooters and the different brands. I do not currently use a scooter very often, grocery store scooters is the limit of my experience. I have MS and still want to climb mountains. Alas, walking the length of the cruise ship is about the max to my endurance. I am thinking that if I had a scooter on the ship then I might be able to still do some of the shore excursions that I want to do.

Any experience related to the Pride Legend would be a help. Thanks

I searched these threads on the disabled board and I have a question re scooters. I did see that a few years ago Arwenmark bought a Pride Legend scooter and what I want to know is if any of you Legend users are happy with it. I have found a used one at an inexpensive price.

These boards have been very informative re scooters and the different brands. I do not currently use a scooter very often, grocery store scooters is the limit of my experience. I have MS and still want to climb mountains. Alas, walking the length of the cruise ship is about the max to my endurance. I am thinking that if I had a scooter on the ship then I might be able to still do some of the shore excursions that I want to do.

Any experience related to the Pride Legend would be a help. Thanks

I do not have a Pride Legend , rather a Pride Go Go Elite Traveler. Pride scooters are very popular and are pretty reliable. However there's some thing you need to know about the Legend before you purchase it. The Legend is not considered a portable travel scooter. The 3 wheel version weighs 205 lbs with the battery even more if it has 4 wheels. Unless you have a van with a lift or access to HC accessible transportion, than the Legend might not be a workable option for you. The Pride Go Go weighs half that of the Legend and can be broken down into 5 parts to load in a car trunk. No special van or lift is required. I also have MS and find the that Pride Go Go is the better option for me since I'm not going to invest in a specialized van at this time.

Have you considered renting a scooter for the cruise since you currently don't need on a daily basis ?

I don't have a pride legend either but I do own a large rascal scooter. It is very heavy duty and great for going to the park with my grandchildren, shopping (big basket), and getting around my neighborhood. It is large and heavy and requires a lift on the back of my SUV. Therefore I purchased a travelscoot expressly for plane and ship travel. It only weighs about 35 pounds and fits into a duffel bag. There is no way my Rascal would work on a cruise ship but the travelscoot is a lifesaver. I would make one suggestion, have yourself evaluated by a physical or occupational therapist before you purchase any mobility device. They can save you a ton of money by suggesting the correct device for you. Left to my own devices I would definitely have purchased the wrong thing.

Archived