Charging a rental scooter with what kind of extension cord?

barberesr

We will have 2 people in 2 rooms with scooters. I have read that it is best to bring along an extension cord.

Please tell me what kind. Does it have to be a real heavy duty cord or a regular household cord?

Thanks much!!!!

I have one of those power strips -- the kind with 4-6 sockets (US) so that you can plug in several items, including the scooters. Mine's rather heavy duty. Will there be one scooter per room? You would want a power strip in each room. There is usually only one outlet in a room. What we did was plug the scooter into that, then everything else -- cell phone, cameras, etc. into the power strip.

The cord on my wheelchair (a rental) was plenty long to reach from the chair to the plug on the vanity. The cord on the power strip is short -- about 2 feet. So I plugged in the power strip, laid it on the vanity, then plugged everything else into that (the phone, the two cameras).

Yes, there will be one scooter in each room. We will have 3 or 4 cameras to charge and the once in a while steamer or curling iron.

Can you plug anything into that plug in the bathroom? ONLY ELECTRIC RAZORS CAN BE PLUGGED INTO THE BATHROOM ELECTRICAL SOCKET. ANY OTHER APPLIANCE POSES A POTENTAIL FIRE HAZARD THERE WILL BE SIGN BY THE BATHROOM SOCKET THAT WILL CONFIRM THIS. .

Make certain to bring a power strip with you as there is only 1 electrial outlet general near the desk.

Make certain to bring a power strip with you as there is only 1 electrial outlet general near the desk.

Depends on the ship! OP didn't say what ship they will be on. On the Coral Princess this past December, there was another outlet at the nightstand next to one of the beds in the HC cabin B618. The space between the bed and the wall (width of the nightstand) made it perfect to park and charge the scooter there, leaving the usual vanity outlet for our power strip. We never touched the bathroom outlet.

We also take one that has 4-6 outlets. Between the power chair, 1-2 digital cameras, a couple of iPods, and our cellullar phones (want them charged for arriving home) we use all those outlets. Some also have a CPAP machine. We keep a night light plugged into one of the unused sockets for those late night trips to the bathroom as well.

We also take one that has 4-6 outlets. Between the power chair, 1-2 digital cameras, a couple of iPods, and our cellullar phones (want them charged for arriving home) we use all those outlets. Some also have a CPAP machine. We keep a night light plugged into one of the unused sockets for those late night trips to the bathroom as well.

Last cruise we add something which is quickly becoming an absolute necessity since the addition of WiFi on Princess ships: DW's notebook computer! She sits at the canity with the machine plugged in and types away at the keyboard. Battery is always at full charge this way!

Archived