Topless Deck and Massage Question....(not together of course!!)

I did not go near the topless deck on my first cruise last year. But DH has been pestering me about it this time, so I am considering it, just to shut him up! LOL! My question is this for those who have been....

Is it all perfect bodies out there? Or are there ummmm lets say some more NORMAL size/type people too??

Also, has anyone done the Couples Massage? Can you give me any details on this?

TIA!

~D

I did not go near the topless deck on my first cruise last year. But DH has been pestering me about it this time, so I am considering it, just to shut him up! LOL! My question is this for those who have been....

Is it all perfect bodies out there? Or are there ummmm lets say some more NORMAL size/type people too??

Also, has anyone done the Couples Massage? Can you give me any details on this?

TIA!

~D

There all types of people on the topless deck, men, women, couples; and all shapes and sizes. Some of the women are "perfect 10's" while others appear to tip the scale at 300 lbs. My wife did not encounter any problems up there nor did she experience excessive gawking or stares. Moreover, it is generally not that crowded, especially early in the day, so it makes for a nice, peaceful place to tan, read or just relax.

All sorts on the topless deck, and actually most are topped (?). We went up on two separate cruises to get away from the crowds and kids.

Couples massage is the just getting a massage together. You are in the same room with your spouse along with the two masseuses.

The Speedo Man is gonna have to check out that topless deck when your Royal Manlyness here is going sailing on the Glory. So all you ladies out there if you see a middle age man that weight about 330 in a lime green Speedo with thining brown hair and loads of chest hair plus back hair, don't be shy, and don't be embarrased if you instintly fall in love with the Prince Of Blubberness here. Looks can kill Ladies.

The Speedo Man is gonna have to check out that topless deck when your Royal Manlyness here is going sailing on the Glory. So all you ladies out there if you see a middle age man that weight about 330 in a lime green Speedo with thining brown hair and loads of chest hair plus back hair, don't be shy, and don't be embarrased if you instintly fall in love with the Prince Of Blubberness here. Looks can kill Ladies.

Gosh, Bob....I'm so sorry I won't be on your cruise!!!!! Alas, maybe another time......

The topless deck is actually really nice for adults even if your not going topless... Ive never gone topless on Carnival but we almost always lay out on the topless deck.. no screaming children running around and a LOT less crowded... you will find the same people you find on the regular deck, skinny, fat and everything in between...

As far as the couples massage, we always do it... basically its exactly the same as a regular massage, but your in the same room and at the same time.. they put two massage tables in the same room and you have two people doing the massaging.. its a really nice way to spend relaxing couple time... I highly recommend it..

The topless deck is actually really nice for adults even if your not going topless... Ive never gone topless on Carnival but we almost always lay out on the topless deck.. no screaming children running around and a LOT less crowded... you will find the same people you find on the regular deck, skinny, fat and everything in between...

As far as the couples massage, we always do it... basically its exactly the same as a regular massage, but your in the same room and at the same time.. they put two massage tables in the same room and you have two people doing the massaging.. its a really nice way to spend relaxing couple time... I highly recommend it..

Thanks LegalCat!!!

"no screaming children"....well that's the WHOLE reason for going on this cruise!! Getting away from our 3 for a few days....

Will check out the Topless Deck and report back. Can't say I'll take it off or not, maybe after a few Drinks of the Day!!!!

Thanks LegalCat!!!

"no screaming children"....well that's the WHOLE reason for going on this cruise!! Getting away from our 3 for a few days....

Will check out the Topless Deck and report back. Can't say I'll take it off or not, maybe after a few Drinks of the Day!!!!

Even if you dont take it off, its a nice place to lay out and relax and you g et a view of the other pool decks below you etc... dont be scared away.. a lot of people go up there and dont go topless

On the Legend this past November, we ventured up to the topless deck twice. Each time there were between 3 to 5 females and about 20 males. Don't flame me please, but I wish it were a "couples topless deck". But don't worry about the size and shape of the people, they are all up there just for the peace and quiet.

Cheryl

firsttimecocruiser-

to respond to your question, i was on carnival fantasy twice last year (june and dec.) and spent a lot of time on that deck with my girlfriends. in fact, i need to add the dec. pictures to my webshots site.

anyway there were anywhere from a dozen to more than 50 people up there at once but it was never to crowded that you couldn't find a seat. also, the only guys up there were with their girlfriends/wives. there were also some woman alone and some with other girlfriends. also women of all ages. there was a couple (looked like man and wife) who had to be over 60 and some who couldn't have been over 18. finally, there were all shapes and sizes.

the only people there who looked uncomfortable in the least were the guys who wondered up there "accidentally".

i took a massage therapist with me so i got mine in the privacy of my cabin... :)

-walt

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Friends of mine turned me on to the topless deck last year, and yes there are all types of people up there. There were many women who were not topless. It is a nice place to go, as it usually alot less crowded. You can find a deck chair that is not saved, and there is drink service there too. You will get the ocassional stray guy (usually in a group of two or more) that will come up, like they didn't know it was a topless deck and just figured it would be a good place to see the "sights". It's funny to watch, they think they're being so casual about it. lol

Anyway, go check it out, if your not offended by people bareing it all you'll have found a great spot to lay out.

Just off the Conquest almost a week ago.

I made several trips to the topless deck and NO ONE was there. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it was too windy. I know I was being blown all over the place while up there looking around.

Maybe it's called the topless deck because your clothes get blown off? LMAO! I know, I am whack! :cool:

Happy sailing,

T.

Anyway, go check it out, if your not offended by people bareing it all you'll have found a great spot to lay out.

When I was up there with my wife, I did not see anyone bareing it all, just topless. However, I have heard that sometimes people go up there and go naked.

When I was up there with my wife, I did not see anyone bareing it all, just topless. However, I have heard that sometimes people go up there and go naked.

By all, I didn't mean all. That would be an entirely different cruise. :rolleyes:

Archived