Recommend a dive operator in San Juan?

melmar02

Nope from what I hear diving in Puerto Rico is not good from a cruise passengers perspective.....I have heard there are "ok" dive spots but inaccessible arriving by ship.

The diving in Puerto Rico is in the southern side of the island, the opposite side from San Juan (and it's a big island). I did find a dive shop once in San Juan doing a google search but after hearing the reefs are bad, I decided not to dive (the water's pretty deep not encouraging a lot of reef development).

Randall

I'm not aware of any recommendable diving around San Juan. The decent stuff in PR is in other places . . .

other places in PR to mean well over an hour drive from San Jaun ... two hours or more ... the other side of the island

No good diving near San Juan.

Last time we stayed several days pre-cruise in San Juan. We rented a van and drove a couple of hr southwest to La Parquera. Dove 2 days around the Parquery walls.

Then stayed 2 days at Rincon, went with Taino Divers to Desecheo island. Pretty good diving at both places.

There is supposedly good diving at Vieques Island. We only went there one night on a power cat from Farjado, for bio bay snorkeling at night.

Archived