Cruised Oasis - major complaint

jimmyatc

My husband and I just did the 8 day RCCL Independence of the Sea, having the extra day was GREAT!!! It cost very little to add the extra day. I can't wait to do it again.

I do agree about not getting a full seven days. That's what appeals to me so much about the Independence of the Seas. You can do eight nights (which seems perfect) or 6 nights.

Friendly FYI:

Flowriders:

8 - 9 am Advanced Stand Up

9 - 2 pm Boogie boarding - portside

9 - 2 pm Stand Up Surfing - starboard side

Rock Climbing (there was no one in line and my daughter climbed 4 times that morning)

9 to 1 pm - Open climbing

1 pm - Adult Speed Climb

Zip Line

noon - 2 pm

plus 9 to 11 am Ice Skating

I am wondering that maybe the employees might get some time off when at port?

Some have told us they are away from their families 6 months at a time.

Another thought they might need every employee to help with all the food that is

brought on board and supplies at different ports.

Just a thought.

Friendly FYI:

Flowriders:

8 - 9 am Advanced Stand Up

9 - 2 pm Boogie boarding - portside

9 - 2 pm Stand Up Surfing - starboard side

Rock Climbing (there was no one in line and my daughter climbed 4 times that morning)

9 to 1 pm - Open climbing

1 pm - Adult Speed Climb

Zip Line

noon - 2 pm

plus 9 to 11 am Ice Skating

Ice skating in 1/2 hour increments of open time.

glad you enjoyed it other than that...one of the things we thought about when we saw the amenities and the capacity was how much trouble they would have getting people on things like the flowrider, aipline and rock walls...with that many pax they could let people go 24/7 and still maybe not get everyone on...I would have thought they would maximize the amount of time they offer these things

Regarding crowds and these activities it was a mixed bag. On the first day it took about 25 minutes in line to register for a zipline time and get waiver wrist band.

BUT... come sea day there were only 5 people on the stand up flowrider and 7 on the boogie boards... and this was mid day!

Zip-line the registering for a time seems to work great.. on the last day in Nassau they had a two hour window for people without resevations.

Rock-climbing I didn't do but the line seemed pretty long... but once again I didn't actually do it.

• 3 weeks later...
I do agree about not getting a full seven days. That's what appeals to me so much about the Independence of the Seas. You can do eight nights (which seems perfect) or 6 nights.

Nope, if you read all the info, it never says there is 7 days. It's 7 nights. So that means 6 days -- 4 night, 3 days. 11 night, 10 days........ You want 7 days, then take an 8 night cruise!

The first thing I thought of for the closure of the zipline, especially since it's published in the daily paper, is that perhaps that activity competes with a similar activity offered at the port?

Maybe the port struck a deal with the cruiseline that if a particular activity is available on land, then the ship can't have a similar activity that competes. Total speculation on my part.

Well looks like that might not be a problem in the future. Just rechecked the itinerary for our 10/9 sailing and RCCL has in fact made the changes that were rumored to be in the works. That sailing at least will begin with Nassau on the first day, Sunday, from 9 to 2 and end with two days at sea. Presumably the on board activities will now be available for the full day on the last day of the cruise. Did not check itineraries for other dates, so don't know when the change takes effect.

• 2 weeks later...
Well looks like that might not be a problem in the future. Just rechecked the itinerary for our 10/9 sailing and RCCL has in fact made the changes that were rumored to be in the works. That sailing at least will begin with Nassau on the first day, Sunday, from 9 to 2 and end with two days at sea. Presumably the on board activities will now be available for the full day on the last day of the cruise. Did not check itineraries for other dates, so don't know when the change takes effect.

They must have made that change across the board. Our June 19th sailing itinerary has Nassau as day 2, and the last two days are sea days.

We are on the 10/9 sailing also. I read it a couple weeks ago that the itinerary had changed. We were so excited. I rather have two sea days before coming home.

Maybe they will have the activities now open on all ports and not just St. Thomas and St. Maarten . I too would like to be able to take advantage of the activities at port instead of at sea.

Archived