harrison caves opening Feb 26

sklja

HARRISON’S CAVE RE-OPENING!

Caves of Barbados Limited is pleased to announce that Harrison’s Cave will be re-opened to the public Friday, February 26, 2010 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and tours will run from 8:45 am - 3:45 pm daily.

The new Harrison's Cave visitor experience begins at the cliff top location overlooking the valley floor. As visitors disembark, they will be able to enjoy our first exhibit located in our new car park. They will then proceed to the Visitor Reception Centre (VRC), where they can purchase tickets and enjoy the interpretative exhibits at their leisure.

There are three options for descending from the cliff top to the valley floor; one of the two scenic tourism trails, including our cliff trail or valley trail or one of the three breathtaking, state of the art glass-fronted elevators.

We recommend visitors wear comfortable footwear and note that the cave is an active cave and water dripping from the formations should be expected.

Visitors will then enter the re-developed Cave Interpretative Centre (CIC) which showcases exhibits as well as interactive displays for adults, teens and children. There is a nine-minute video presentation in the multimedia room before boarding a tram for a forty-minute underground journey.

Visitors are welcomed to explore the valley floor with its lush flora and fauna or take the self guided Scenic Walk.

The admission fee to Harrison’s Cave has been increased to BBD$60.00 per visitor and BBD$50.00 locals, with children ages 3-12 at half price.

Harrison’s Cave will be opened seven days a week with the exception of Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Kadooment Day and Christmas Day.

Copyri

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We stayed in Barbados a few days prior to our Dec 12th sailing on the WindSurf. I booked a last minute tour with Glory tours that included Earthworks and the Harrison Caves but they canceled at the last minute. I did take a tour just to Harrison Caves. Highly recommend it. Not sure what it looked like before the renovations but the tram ride through the caves and the informative guides were terrific. I would recommend checking cab service versus a tour company. We were staying near the airport and the cab service would have been very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

We want to see Harrison's Caves and also Lobster Alive Beach. The ship has a shore excursion for about $65 a person for both or should we just grab cabs? Will we be able to get right into the Caves if we go by ourselves or do cruisers on shore excursions get priority over others? How much should a cab cost from the pier to the Caves? Any idea from the Caves to the beach? Thanks for the help.

Is there something special about these caves? Just curious - I've been caving (mostly in the midwest and Ozark mountains) since I was a kid, and if it's just a tourist attraction for those who aren't "cave-familiar", I'm thinking I'd rather spend my time above-ground, but if they are truly something special, I wouldn't want to miss them, either.

Archived